EZ-Annealer induction reviews

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by AWLEAPHART, Jan 20, 2018.

1. SKY-ONE

SKY-ONE

I do as well, and more and more internet-based start-ups don't include that info till you are actually a customer. I guess it's a way of filtering non-serious inquiries combined with having a full time job while one builds his-her new business. Just as I will in some time; it will be home-based from the start and part-time, so obviously i don't want people coming to my house at any odd time or calling and expecting an answer immediately while working for another employer...anyone who has started building a business while being employed can tell you it's a fine balancing act and you can't please everyone right from the start, your best bet is a high quality product and integrity of service... the word will go arounf, slowly, but surely.
    That being said, once i contacted EZ-anneal and they knew i really was in the market for a machine, communication flowed easily, all you have to do is try. I did and wasn't disappointed .

All the best!
    Alain

2. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

By not putting their name, address and phone contact info on the web site, is a way of telling me, the customer, that if anything goes haywire, the supplier doesn't have to bother with me or give me a way of hunting you down. If I can't see you, you need to establish some type of trust.
    Other suppliers are out there that provide contact info. It is my money and I can spend it any where I want.
    I just won't spend it here.

Charles likes this.
  3. MSS

MSS

Interested but leery. Maybe the owner would agree to send a demo unit to one of the seniors members here for review.

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Silver $$ Contributor

I might agree to that scenario BUT with no way of contacting the folks at EZ Anneal, I cannot call and ask questions that I might want answers to before sending my money to a somewhat invisible entity. At the very least, this is a poor business practice.

5. Jdne5b

Jdne5b Gold $$ Contributor

I contacted them through the website and received very prompt return emails throughout the day.

I imagine if you sent your number or asked for his you would be able to speak with Robert.

Ive got to get a rifle build finished up first, but then this is looking like a great option to replace my benchsource since I like to run a lot of brass at a sitting and wont have to hand feed each one.

6. stevenc23

stevenc23

Well I bit the bullet ;) and placed an order. I will report back once I get it up and running. Current lead time is around a month I am told

Jdne5b likes this.
  7. Bobski

Bobski

Hi Kimber. I bought the ez anneal with a feeder. Being from Australia I had it built for 240 volt ac. Well, I've had it for about 6-7 months. I've annealed about 500, 308 Laps and I could'nt be happier. What a brilliant piece of work. I love it because its so simple to use you can't stuff up unless your an idiot. Its un complicated. When I placed the order I delt with a guy called Robert Conrad. He was an absolute Gentleman. When I received my machine I was primarily impressed on opening, with the packaging. It was packed very well.
    My work area is limited, I live in a unit/apartment so its important for me to have equipment that's compact.
    This beauty ticks all the boxes.
    I gladly recommend ez anneal its well built. Regards Bobski

8. Bobski

Bobski

I don't know what you've done wrong, but you've done it.

Jdne5b likes this.
  9. KMart

If you would kindly read post #22, my reasons are posted there. I can't imagine what I've done wrong.

Also noted that you didn't post your info when you signed into Accurate shooter.

10. SKY-ONE

SKY-ONE

I would tend to think you are speculating on their intentions. And in speculations, we could go on and write books ad nauseam. I would simply suggest to contact them through their site and see first hand for yourself and let us know afterwards.

All the best!
    Alain

11. SKY-ONE

SKY-ONE

but there is a way to make a first contact, pls try their web contact and ask to speak with Robert Conway, he will eventually get back to you. I am a customer of his and have had no problems reaching him, just be advised it might take a wee bit of time as his is quite busy. I won't give out his info because i will in no way interfere in the way he manages his business, out of basic respect. However, as a very satisfied customer, i will convey to him these concerns that some have.

All the best!
    Alain

12. MCCR

MCCR Silver $$ Contributor

Hello Joe, I'm sorry that I haven't called you or replied on here as I have had a lot going on and I have not been on the shooter forum. If I correctly recall I said that I would "try" to call you that week.

13. KMart

I am not speculating anything. It is a personal rule I have about doing business on the internet. If you don't state who you are, where you are and don't supply a phone contact number, I do not do business with you.
    Internet and telephone scams are everywhere. Once I give my credit card number to someone that is untraceable, I can be setting myself up for all kinds financial difficulties.
    At this point, I am done with you and everyone else that seems to be promoting this product at the behest of the owner of the company. Maybe it will help this topic die a natural death.
    One more question. Why is the owner of EZ not a Site Sponsor. If he was, it may help his image.

14. SKY-ONE

SKY-ONE

I guess i rubbed you the wrong way, my apologies, no offense meant, and never is, or will be...
    I fully understand you, and i guess all of us, have personal rules based on our values and experience. If what I'm doing seems to be promoting his business, I'm fine with that, because he earned my trust, and i will always condemn the bad and promote the good. After all, forum's like this are meant to share and advance knowledge gained by others through experience, and offer a layer of protection against ill-intentioned people or organisations, by contributing what we know. But I will be doing so, with first hand knowledge and factual experience with the product or service discussed. The rest will only be my personal opinion.
    i think I've discovered a hidden gem with EZ-anneal and hope others will too.
    Being a sponsor could perhaps help his image should he choose to go that route. I also think his substance is well laid out from actual owners for anyone to see, and i don't read any of them being negative.
    I will, as a satisfied customer, convey these concerns to M. Conway. Considering how he treated me, I think I owe him that he should know these concerns that some have.

All the best!
    Alain

15. PatMiles

PatMiles Silver $$ Contributor

Alain,
    Be sure to convey to Robert that at $1000.00 a pop, he is very, very likely losing customers by not taking time out of his busy day to be MUCH easier to contact than EVENTUALLY getting back to said customers. Maybe he could take a few minutes and reply here.
    Truth be known, I have had an AMP for over a year. I have contacted the folks at AMP twice asking for information. In both cases I received a reply the next day with one of those replies being in the form of a phone call from Alex. The fact that I received replies played into my decision to spend my hard earned $$$ on an AMP.
    Pat

16. Jdne5b

Jdne5b Gold $$ Contributor

I got a response from Robert within 30 minutes of using the form on the website, and perfectly acceptable and timely responses to additional emails after that.

17. MrBottleneck

MrBottleneck Silver $$ Contributor

This above quoted line to me in my opinion was the beggining to the end of the success of this companies product sales here.
    Why in the world wouldn't he (this Robert fellow) simply take 5 minutes of his own time and register and post?

When I step up from my Bench Source to Induction "AMP" will be the way I go.

Comrade Terry and boltfluter like this.
  18. stevenc23

stevenc23

I have a different take on it. Forum members (including myself) were looking for first hand reports from actual customers so the owner asked his customers to post their opinions here. I for one would much rather hear reviews from actual buyers/end users than from the company itself.

The success or failure of the company will depend on how well the product works for its price as well as customer service. What swayed me toward this unit instead of the AMP Annealer was the feeding mechanism. Also no need to buy different holders for each cartridge.

FWIW I just got notification that my unit will be shipping this week. Once I put it through its paces I will post my thoughts for those that might be interested, good or bad.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Jdne5b likes this.
  19. stevenc23

stevenc23

My EZ-Annealer was delivered on Monday so here are my initial impressions.

First let me say communication has been excellent while waiting for the unit to ship. I emailed them several times with questions and always received a response with 24 hours (usually within a few hours). It did take a little longer than the initial time estimate to ship but was notified and kept up to date.

Packaging was excellent, well protected with a good amount of styrofoam. Fully assembled, just needed to attach the power cord. Relatively heavy unit and exterior workmanship looks excellent. Directions are downloaded from the website and are very clear and thorough. Cartridges that I will be annealing are 223, 6BR, 6 Dasher and 6.5 Creedmoor.

Grabbed some scrap pieces of brass of each and adjusted height and time of annealing to get each dialed in. Controls are straight forward and very intuitive. Manual mode makes it easy and straightforward to find the appropriate annealing time. In a short amount of time I was able to find the annealing times for each cartridge.

So initial impression is VERY positive. Obviously I still need to run a full batch but I am very optimistic. I also ordered the auto case feeder and hopefully that will ship this week. Happy to answer any questions that others may have on this unit and will post an update after I run a few full batches of brass.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Jdne5b likes this.
  20. JimSC

JimSC

I am pretty confident in both my ammo quality as it is with 15 shot single digit SD's using gas to anneal. Anything farther is diminishing returns. There is a series out called How Much Does it Matter addressing various aspects of long range shooting with the WEZ analysis tool. How Much Does SD Matter? Any annealing machine would have to give me a substantial increase in hit probability over my plumbers torch annealed ammo for me to spend a grand on it. I think I can see more improvement in my scores by working on my technique and range skills. 1 - 1.5 K will buy a new barrel and lots of ammo components

Not only that but
    before I go out and drop a $1000 USD on one of these or the AMP I want to see some extensive testing done on the annealing process in general. Some real world testing from a trusted source to document group sizes, velocity effects, and brass life over the course of 20 reloadings. Do this on at least 3 cartridges from .223 through 300 WSM. To me those would be reasonable tests to show that annealing has some real world benefits and the $1000 plus machines are not just snake oil and blind faith. I love the tests the AMP people are doing but laboratory testing does not tell me what I want to know. I want to know what benefits I will see at the shooting bench, not the lab table. Perhaps EZ-Anneal or AMP should loan one of their machines to a world class shooter and pay him or her to run some real world tests. I for one would love to see a test done similar to what Laurie Holland did with his primer testing at Target Shooter Magazine.

Oh and to weigh in on the other argument. I might be a hillbilly with a high school diploma and no rocket surgeon degree but I sure ain't gonna send my CC info to a website with no address or phone number because some random internet poster says it is ok to do so.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018