ELR Mecca

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by Meangreen, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Meangreen

Meangreen

If you could move anywhere you wanted to pursue ELR, somewhere there was ample space and opportunity to really stretch out to distance, somewhere that might already have a sizable community of like minded individuals, where would that be?

6ShotsOr5? and dmoran like this.
  2. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

Can't help but believe almost every state would have area's that would compliment your desires. With that said, there is more vast area's to states in the mid-west and western states.
    Desired climate, no doubt could also reflect to desire and decisions there of.
    Elevation attributes to ballistic capability obviously, which also should be considered to desires.
    "Gun friendly" states may also play well into such desire.

Myself, 13 years ago packed up and moved 60-miles with in the same state, for an opportunity to have a private range. Can honestly say, the move for me was worth will, and damn glad I did it !.!.!
    Donovan

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    boltfluter likes this.
  3. Meangreen

Meangreen

I live in Washington state currently (Lynden), and will be here for a few more years till I retire. As big as this state is, it is becoming less and less gun friendly. While there are a few places to shoot ELR here on the west side of WA, it is a whole lotta work to get to them and in the winter time most are blocked by snow, ice and fallen trees.

Traveling to any competitions would be a PITA as well, because I would be hauling all my stuff over to the other side of the Cascades and beyond.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

5. Meangreen

Meangreen

Nevada is definitely on the list. States I am considering are Idaho (southern), New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.

6. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

I live in the White Mountains of Arizona. Lots of Public land. I can go to several places in under an hour that offer very long distance shooting. Most of the time I dont see another truck once I get off the pavement. Arizona, atleast rural Arizona, is very firearm friendly too.

6ShotsOr5? and Meangreen like this.
  7. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

Colorado. My back yard! Kinda, built my house, met the rancher next door that likes shooting. Asked if he would like steel to shoot at. I told him if I f#*k up, tell me to leave, the steel is his.
    2 years and 35 pieces out to 2600 yards later.
    I haven't messed up yet.

8. NV_Dmax

NV_Dmax

I live in N. Nevada. lots of wide open spaces to shoot. There’s several places to shoot that are potentially farther than any shoulder fired weapon can reach. i do know there’s a precision/tactical/target shooting crowd but I’m not aware of any ELR type groups. I have steel targets hidden that have been there for several years and nobody has spotted them and my friends haven’t told the wrong person yet.

muleystalker and Meangreen like this.