ELR Central World Record Event.

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by DocUSMCRetired, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Nate Statler 2000 yards record which he shot in the afternoon and broke his 1 mile record in the morning was even impressive, considering that the wind was brutal in the afternoon. I was shooting the 300 grain Berger OTM with my 338 Lapua Ackley and only managed to hit 1 out of 3 at 2011 yards target.

2. Sniper338

Sniper338 Silver $$ Contributor

Id still drink a beer to that... I got berger 300 vlds Ive been developing a load for. But I have some OTMs and Elite hunters too I think... I wouldnt think a load would be much different for them... still not sure what shoots best. 98.5gr re33 in a 30 inch barrel.

3. Desert Fox

Desert Fox

I used nothing but 300 SMK since I started shooting the 338 nine years ago. I only switched to Berger OTM after deciding to shoot the ELR World Record Event. I found out that the OTM is shooting a bit flatter than the SMK. I used 95 grain of Retumbo for both bullet and getting 2870 fps velocity from a 30" barrel. I only had two weekend to prepare for this shoot. I wish I had more time to practice.
    I recorded this video with my Go-Pro showing impact from a 300 grain Berger OTM Hybrid at 2000 yards during one of my shooting practice.

4. rcparker1

rcparker1 Silver $$ Contributor

I enjoy the innovation competition like ELR bring to the market. I see this becoming a who has the most money along with the talent like so many other sports if it hasn't headed that way already. I recently stumbled onto a article about the 14.9 SOP made from the 20mm Vulcan case. Even though they said the gun was a 100 plus pounds and wouldn't qualify for this competition its a great example of engineering and what can be achieved today. This kind of competition should bring out some great guns.

5. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

What do you think has the accuracy edge between those two bullets? How far have you shot them for groups? Thanks

6. Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Both are equally accurate on my rifle. However as I alluded on my previous post, I've had a lot of experienced shooting the SMK on our local 1000 yards shoot here in Southern Cal. Below are some of my score from these shoots. These are not true F-Class target by the way. The X are 10" in diameter.

Attached Files:

7. Alex Wheeler

What match are you shooting in? Is there pits? Are they marking the targets or are you shooting blind? What targets are you shooting on? Sorry for all the questions but I am helping start up a 2k shoot.

8. Desert Fox

Desert Fox

No problem Alex.

The target is pulled and mark from shot to shot so you can see your previous hit.

simo hayha and Alex Wheeler like this.
  9. Alex Wheeler

It this the high power target then?

10. Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Yes.

Alex Wheeler likes this.