Earthshaking news...

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by IdahoSharpshooter, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Fault line runs all the way down the east Flathead valley floor and on through the east side of flathead lake. Other fault lines as well, but it's the big one on the east side that usually makes the bigger quakes that rattle the valley

Screenshot_20200331-232751_Drive.jpg

SPJ likes this.
  2. fyrewall

fyrewall

From 59803 - I felt it - at first I thought my cat jumped up on the recliner but then I remembered I don't have a cat (now). Slow gentle nudging but increasing in amplitude & frequency - our little pendant clock was swaying. Then it stopped after 10-15 seconds. I later heard that it was a 6.5 somewhere east of Challis ID. As I remember other quakes have occurred in that general area.

So far:

Locusts in Africa
    COVID 19
    War, Yemen - Iran funding terrorists, N Korea missile development, China military development
    Economic collapse - COVID-19 - famine?
    Floods, Ohio/Indiana
    Earth quakes

Bad stuff (sin) on planet continues un-abated (non-repentant), sometimes with court approval.

I heard that Martin Luther responded, when asked what he would do if the world was going to end - I think Martin Luther replied - plant a tree.

daleboy likes this.
  3. daleboy

daleboy Gold $$ Contributor

Things are strange these days, I must admit that I am getting to age I think about death and figure it was a good run...I really worry about what my boys have ahead of them,they are in their early 30s .

Here is the quote you were thinking of,it makes a man think.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

Martin Luther

Myself, I just want to see my Lilac bloom this spring.

Plumsask, 338 dude, dbduff and 3 others like this.
  4. Park ranger

Park ranger

I live nowhere near fracking country and know nothing about it, other than 20 minutes I saw on television a few years back hen I was on vacation. Haven’t had TV in 10 years.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    338 dude likes this.
  5. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

The end is near alright, at least for the groundhogs in my area. e-laugh.gif

6. Immike

Immike Gold $$ Contributor

I’m releasing all the crappie I caught the last couple days,... into hot oil

7. WyleWD

WyleWD Silver $$ Contributor

And not a single word on the Network news of the earthquake in SLC last week or the one in Idaho last night. Puzzling. WD

338 dude likes this.
  8. DHuffman

DHuffman Gold $$ Contributor

There are pretty rough times ahead in the oil industry. Bernie, Hillary and all the anti frackers can rejoice as it will surely be slowed down. Here in western ND in many places there are 20k' long well bores as close as 60-70' apart, thousands of them.

Each has been fracked with millions of pounds of sand and millions of gallons of water. If fracking caused earthquakes we would have several daily. I'm sure the 20 minute TV show that prompted your question was funded by the people who think their coal burning EVs are far superior to my fuel burning pickup.

Fracking is NOT some new technique that is suddenly bringing doom to the planet. The first commercial frac on an oil well was near Duncan OK in 1949

All this renewable energy these people push does not cover it's own carbon footprint from installation. Furthermore none of it is profitable without government subsidies. The only profit in renewable energy is building the system then selling it to an electric cooperative who is mandated by the government to meet a certain % renewable energy. Then they Jack up your electric bill to cover the difference.

It's renewable energy NOT sustainable energy. The earth moves and shakes daily and to think we're causing it is silly.

20VarTarg, MikeT49, hpshooter and 6 others like this.
  9. Twicepop

Twicepop Silver $$ Contributor

And a spot up in northern California (I don't remember the locale) that is leaking a bunch of carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide. I saw a program about it a while back, it was killing ALL the vegetation in the surrounding area. They did air analysis of the surrounding area and it showed normal levels, ground concentration levels were 10+ times what they should have been.

joshb likes this.
  10. Papa Charlie

Papa Charlie Gold $$ Contributor

Seems like every time there is a disaster of any type, someone has to start saying its the end. If it is the end of times, there isn't anything that you can do about it. So why worry.

11. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Fake news

Danger, DHuffman and 338 dude like this.
  12. 338 dude

338 dude Gold $$ Contributor

Sometimes I wish I didn’t have one either but it is much too late I am like most people I am addicted to my TV and now a smart phone as well this is only my second smart phone I don’t know what I did before I had one

MikeT49, hogpatrol and SPJ like this.
  13. Steve Ladino

Steve Ladino Silver $$ Contributor

Why are they called phones? I never see anyone speaking to it , only drivers. Maybe something like hand tool or society link would be more understandable.
    For the longest time I felt secure with my lap top and TV but those days are fewer and fewer as humanity has bought into the newest rat race device.

338 dude likes this.
  14. Bob L.

Bob L. Gold $$ Contributor

Worry itself is a sin as it shows a lack of faith. It is true that you cannot be prepared physically, but you can be prepared spiritually. That is what the scriptures posted above are saying.
    I don’t think there will be any doubt as to whether the end of times is here or not, when it comes. A couple of earthquakes even with the COVID-19 situation and a few local wars are not it, in my opinion.

Snuggie, joshb and 338 dude like this.
  15. daleboy

daleboy Gold $$ Contributor

Worry is a sin ? Calling BS on that,just my opinion.

hogpatrol likes this.
  16. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

There is no free lunch.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed
    ... just moved around a bit.

It's the moving around that you pay for.

Twicepop, luckyshot52, Mark W and 2 others like this.
  17. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Ask your representative or senator what's going to replace the motor fuel tax that maintains the infrastructure when we're all driving those electric cars. It's in the billions of dollars. I look eventually for the whole electric car industry to be exposed as a scam.

Leo Smith, Bc'z and DHuffman like this.
  18. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Was it named after a sheriff?

19. Coyotefurharvester

Coyotefurharvester

So all the Californians moved to Kalispell to escape the quakes?

20. mousegunner

mousegunner

Quake in west Texas recently and wife asked "you feel the earth move?" and I said "Not in a long time".;)

MikeT49, dave@aDave, 338 dude and 4 others like this.