Dry Branch Rifle Range, Dixon Springs TN - update

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by Greyfox, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Greyfox

Greyfox Gold $$ Contributor

Like our friends at Dead Zero, a little to the south east, we've had our troubles with the weather. But we are still moving forward and expect to open our new range for members use in a little more than a week. Yesterday (Tuesday) we had a crew of volunteers and we were able to paint our new cleaning/reloading/utility tables and install all 42 new bench tops. I haven't completely given up on holding the first UBR match of the season on March 2nd, but the forecast calls for rain most days between now and then and I expect it's just going to be too soft to be used for match competition. I expect to hold our first match at Two Brothers Rifle Range near Auburn KY where we have been for the past two seasons. It's almost certain the we will be able to shoot on our range in April.

Rick

Attached Files:

Jimmy James, foxguy, Dave Way and 9 others like this.
  2. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

Very nice Rick, top shelf !

LarryDScott and Greyfox like this.
  3. Shooter13

Shooter13 Gold $$ Contributor

Looks great!

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  4. Puzzaz01

Puzzaz01 Gold $$ Contributor

That is really nice! Hope to come up that way soon.

Darrin

5. jimmymac

jimmymac Gold $$ Contributor

Well done sir.

6. TonyinKY

TonyinKY Silver $$ Contributor

Impressive! You guys should be VERY proud.

7. johnmyers

johnmyers Gold $$ Contributor

Really nice you did a great job. Hope to make your April match

8. WyleWD

WyleWD Gold $$ Contributor

Range looks really great Rick, did you build a kitchen & dining area too? ;) WD

9. Greyfox

:) plenty of open air dining and the kitchen is the charcoal grill at the far end. But I have been known to cook on that gas range that you saw when you first met Cliff Schrader. He got tired of hauling it around and was going to leave it at the side of an abandoned adobe house in Colorado 8-9 years ago. I couldn't stand that and I've been feeding people off it ever since. That gas stove is heavy and awkward, but it's fed a helluvalotta folks.

Rick

WyleWD, foxguy and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  10. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

Yes and hammocks have been added up in tha woods for after lunch naps. LDS

WyleWD likes this.
  11. birdog

birdog DASHER DOME Gold $$ Contributor

And guys, this range is in the same zip code as the DOME!!
    20 ish minutes away from the DOME COMPLEX

simo hayha and Damon555 like this.
  12. PAPA65

PAPA65

What and where is the Dome COMPLEX

13. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

the Dome is a secret complex where scientist, engineers, nuclear phys, and the great minds of shooting gather in the great state of Tenn, just kiddin it's a farm with a great place to shoot...

birdog, Damon555, foxguy and 4 others like this.
  14. WyleWD

WyleWD Gold $$ Contributor

I remember that stove. Best New Orleans style barbeque shrimp I ever had to this day came off that stove. And Rick, forgive me if I've missed it, but have you posted an address or directions somewhere for the Dry Branch range? WD

15. Greyfox

Wayne,
    I may or may not have posted the address. I believe the address that we were assigned is 175 Dry Branch Rd, Dixon Springs TN. If that's not the exact number, it will tell the GPS to get you close enough. We are the first drive off Hwy 10. It would be interesting to look at it on Google Earth before seeing the range today. If you use the house at 319 Dry Branch as a starting point and look NE into the hollow, you will see a pond and a red barn roof just past it on the right. The barn was located at what is today the right end of the rifle shed. There is quite a change in the landscape.

Rick

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  16. mr.big

mr.big

I plan on sending a bunch of bullets in those berms ..

WyleWD and Greyfox like this.
  17. PAPA65

PAPA65

Any updates on the match?Still a go,which range?Also what is the entry fee and sign up time

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  18. Greyfox

We are going to give the Dry Branch Range a month to grow grass and hope that the rain gets back to normal or maybe even a little less. We will have the first match this season at Two Brothers Rifle Range near Auburn KY, where we have shot for the past two seasons. The first UBR match at Dry Branch will be on Saturday April 6th, 9:00. Match fee is $30 one rifle and $50 for two. Fee includes the match, lunch and drinks for the day. Also, it's possible that by April we will have power, a working safety light system and a closed range house for scoring and such. I was told that the power company dropped off some of the poles and anchors yesterday. That's a good sign. The TBRR match this Saturday will begin @ 9:00, rather than the 8:00 start time we have used for the past two seasons.

Rick

jimmymac and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  19. PAPA65

PAPA65

O.k. thanks

20. mr.big

mr.big

20190227_120156.jpg 20190227_130344.jpg 20190227_135119.jpg Shot my first rounds there today..27 miles from the house...I Love it...

Pics from my first trip of my 1st 5 shot group shot there..