Double song dog

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by JFW, May 22, 2019.

1. JFW

JFW Gold $$ Contributor

Went out last night with my brother calling song dogs. Managed to get a pair and double. Fun night 20190522_004354.jpg

2. Bojo

Bojo

Nice job !!!!!!

3. theallcineyes

theallcineyes

Congrats, Can you please tell us about your setup, some good looking rifles you got there.

4. JFW

JFW Gold $$ Contributor

6.5 grendel's, using underwood ammo with Lehigh controlled chaos 110gr bullets, suppressed, lrf xp50 pulsars.

Lone Hunter likes this.
  5. 5spd

5spd

Nice pair. Id say maybe you can toss in few young ones as the female was feeding looking at her belly & thats better.

6. JFW

JFW Gold $$ Contributor

Hopefully a few fawns and young turkeys will survive

Lone Hunter likes this.
  7. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter Silver $$ Contributor

Not to mention any other critter they can kill. I'm about to the point I would rather kill a coyote than a deer. Said about to that point but not there yet. Good job OP. I've got a couple of the Grendels and really like them. Would like one or more of those suppressors too.

8. JFW

JFW Gold $$ Contributor

Yes i like the grendel's alot. Tried every factory load i could find for 223/556 and lot got away injured. Not what i like to happen. Don't hand load for this type of hunting because of throwing brass in the dark in the weeds and the snow. Have taken 12 dogs with this loading out to 197yrds and nothing has moved. Tried hornady 123gr factory sst did not perform well, as well as AE 75gr hp. The suppressors have aloud me to shoot several doubles and last fall brought in 6 at once and my son and i got 5 of them. Suppressors are game changers.

Lone Hunter likes this.