Dothan Alabama benchrest matches

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by lrgoodger, Oct 1, 2018.

1. lrgoodger

lrgoodger

I am looking for the nearest place to Ozark, AL that has high power rifle benchrest matches in January or February. Prefer varmint matches to group matches, but either will do.

2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Thats kinda the offseason but you could slip up to birmingham and shoot some kind of match im sure. You could also shoot the gongs down at manatee in florida

tmwinds likes this.
  3. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

Take a road trip and shoot 600 yards with us at Prince Memorial range in Pioneer, LA. Pioneer is in extreme NE LA. We shoot the 3rd Sat. of each month......year round. James

walker2713 likes this.
  4. dsculley

dsculley

Check the Pascagoula shooting club calendar (Moss Point, MS), as well as the Central Alabama Gun Club in Shorter, AL.

5. CaptainMal

CaptainMal Silver $$ Contributor

Manatee will have a January 2019 gong shoot on the 19th. Then on the 26th and 27th a two-day IBS 600 shoot. February it's gong on the 16th and IBS on the 23rd. We shoot gongs on the third Saturday of the month and either IBS or IBS "Style" ( not sanctioned ) all year. Sanctioned shoots are during November through March.

BT1 likes this.
  6. group therapy

group therapy Gold $$ Contributor

do you shoot at the Pascagoula match?

7. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

Dothan, you can figure 3 hours away, got kin folk there

group therapy likes this.
  8. lrgoodger

lrgoodger

The club in Shorter said their high power rifle match director quit. They are worried about the F class director doing the same.

9. remdriver

remdriver Silver $$ Contributor

We have a new 1000 yd. range in holt fl. They are not running 100% yet, but it shouldn't be much longer before the get it going.

10. lrgoodger

lrgoodger

That's showing as a two hour drive from Ozark. That might be do-able. Do you know if they are going to have benches and run benchrest matches open to the public? I'm too old an stiff to do F class.

11. remdriver

They are going to have benches and I think matches open to the public. I think their 300 yd range is open now, the 600 will open in about 2 wks, and the 1000 shortly after. I think it's going to be a really nice range run by even nicer people.

12. Puzzaz01

Puzzaz01

Pascagoula has an F class match on the 4th Saturday of every month and a BR match on Sunday, the day after the F class matches. Great group of guys.

Darrin

group therapy likes this.
  13. group therapy

YES, we are a GREAT group of guys, now if we could just learn to shoot good groups, by us guys:D

Puzzaz01 likes this.
  14. group therapy

they don't sit on the front porch with friends and drink tea do they?:eek:

15. tmwinds

tmwinds Gold $$ Contributor

Brocks Gap, Birmingham, shoots 525 yard BR on the 2nd Sat of each month. 100 yard UBR matches on the 3rd Sat. of each month. We shoot year around. Google Brocks Gap Training Center for info. It's not a bad drive and we would be glad to have you. We have a class for anything that has a barrel.

16. MN50Shooter

MN50Shooter

Do they have a website? If they do, please post a link, so we can checkout their info.

Thanks

17. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

18. remdriver

Try:
    Southern Tactical Range

19. remdriver

20. lrgoodger

lrgoodger

The Brocksgap website is the best I have ever seen. Everything I wanted to know is right there and they have exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately it is too far from Ozark to drive back and forth in one day. It looks like Southern Tactical will work if they have the kind of matches I am looking for.

Thanks everyone for helping me out.