Dial caliper thief

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Rdlningcltchdmpr, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Lmao!
    All my 10mm sockets are intact and accounted for.
    There is a 8 and 12 mm short floating out there somewhere

'Freak and GotRDid like this.
  2. swd

swd Gold $$ Contributor

HA after loosing my glasses on my head a few weeks ago, one of my co workers lost his on his head today and I was the hero that knew where they were for once. Now I don’t feel quite as stupid.

'Freak, Medic505 and Bc'z like this.
  3. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

And I went to change the socket on my cordless drill to anneal some 6x45 brass..
    Lough and behold 1 snap on 12 mm short.

'Freak and swd like this.
  4. Rustytigwire

Rustytigwire

What, me worry?
    Take pics of everything on cell phone to remember whole sheets of instruction or how things went together.
    I send myself texts to remember little notes then wonder who is texting me when the phone buzzes

5. T-shooter

T-shooter

Then be like a friend of mine. Mowing grass on a zero-turn and the phone fell out of their pocket. Chop Chop!

Rdlningcltchdmpr likes this.
  6. cotntop

cotntop

I lose my cellphone a lot while talking on it. Learned several years ago to write everything down for reference, especially when it comes to reloading.

'Freak likes this.
  7. alintx

alintx

Yeah, my son and grandkids give me a hard time about my memory, wait till there’s no eggs under the tree and see who’s laughing!

8. urbanrifleman

urbanrifleman Site $$ Sponsor

I fear that eventually the thing that I will lose, that I will miss the most, is being able to see my toes while standing.

Gun Smith, Bc'z and Papa Charlie like this.
  9. JMayo

JMayo

I see you're loving the fun of the banter. But here's a good time for me to spill my shame. I saw pain in my Pops eyes one time when I was just poking fun at him for the ailments of getting older. Close vision and forgetting.
    If I could redo anything it would be not to do that. He's gone now and I can never take that moment back :(

SSL, TAJ45 and rogina like this.
  10. rogina

rogina

I had a similar event with my Dad. I sure wish I had that one back

11. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Most likely, that was just your wife keeping you busy. she may have it on facebook today.

centerlineseal likes this.
  12. centerlineseal

centerlineseal

There are better ways for my wife to keep me "busy", ...

13. onelastshot

onelastshot

I can't count the number of times I've called my cell phone on the house phone to locate it.

Gun Smith likes this.
  14. james gregory

james gregory Gold $$ Contributor

Wife says,where you goin? I say ,goin to shop to get a beer.She says,you just went to get one.I say,I lost it. She says, I bet I know what happened to it.
    Oldest trick in the world.

centerlineseal and Bc'z like this.
  15. AccelR8

AccelR8

Just now...I have to measure a thread pitch diameter. Went to the drawer where the thread wire set is kept. It's not there. Looked all over the shop but that set is nowhere to be found.

I have a place for everything, and I always put everything back in it's place. And yet it seems nothing is ever where it's supposed to be. Why is that?

Rdlningcltchdmpr likes this.
  16. AckleymanII

AckleymanII Gold $$ Contributor

The next purchase of a 12" dial caliper will fix most of the "LOST" issues.

17. skeeljc

skeeljc Silver $$ Contributor

I have a small shop with a lathe and a mill. I have a main workbench, a small reloading bench and a desk area. I used to be able to recall exactly where I put something but lately (I am 75) I often spend several minutes trying to locate an item. The searches that take the most time usually involve my finding a new and unusual place to leave an item.

18. mousegunner

mousegunner

I lost/misplaced $1800.00! The last time I saw the money it was in an envelope that I placed under some folded trousers in my closet on a shelf. I didn't feel like opening the safe and I told myself I'd do it later, that was 3 months ago.

My wife says, Where's the money sweetheart (she didn't call me sweetheart). Oh, it's around here somewhere I told her. I turned that closet inside out, checked under that stack of trousers 3 times!

After a week of looking I went back to the trousers and yes there it was in between them, not underneath. My wife say good thing you found it honey (she didn't call me honey).

Then last week........

19. skeeljc

skeeljc Silver $$ Contributor

So how many times have you bought something and then found that you already had one!

When my brother-in-law finishes a project he throws all the left over materials away because he knows he will never remember them or where they are if he saves them!

20. eas1949

eas1949

Speaking of thief's.... Back in 1994 I had a booth at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Phoenix. This was just before the assault ban was to go in effect. I had loaded up about 40,000 rd's. of pistol ammo and had a ton of cast bullets for sale. The sale went well. I had a leather fanny pack that I kept the proceeds in and made change. Getting home from the show we had to unload so I threw the fanny pack on the couch and unloaded. After unloading I opened the fanny pack to put the contents in the safe and it was EMPTY!!. Panic!!!

With me at the show was my wife, son (13), and daughters 10 and 3. No body new anything!!!
    We searched everywhere and nothing.

Three hours of looking later.....

As a last resort I went into the 3 year olds bedroom and conducted one final search.

The little turd.

While we were unloading she took all the cash out of the fanny pack ( and zipped it back up) and put in her little pink fanny pack, zipped it up, and threw it in her toy box.....