Desert Tech SRS 1st Gen- scope height issue

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Baer45, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Baer45

Baer45 Silver $$ Contributor

are there any other 1st Generation Desert Tech SRS buyers out there who had issues with 1.5" 34mm rings not high enough for good sight picture? I've tried Badgers and Sphur to no availe....o yes, and the $250 DTs as well. I understand it was an issue cleared up with the GEN2. My option will be to a candaliered Sphur mount to get 1.75" but I hate to do it and wondered if my cheeks are just too big:)

2. Baer45

Well another way to ask this, are there any first gen DT SRS owners and if so, what rings are you using on your scope?

3. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

A customer came to the store a few years back wit a Desert Tech. and we put a BEAST on it. We used a SPUR I remember and it worked fine. I still talk to him. I could ask him what he used and/or for pics if it will help you out. I don't know much about DT.

Good luck

4. Rob01

Rob01

Could always put a riser on there and rings you have now on it. A quality riser will hold well. Does the Gen 1 have 20 moa in the rail?

5. gstaylorg

gstaylorg Silver $$ Contributor

6. Baer45

Big help! I have the Larue rings also and they will work. Just disappointed the DT rings made for gun are too low. If you are running the Larues or any brand above 1.50 then I know it is not just
    Me with this issue...

7. Baer45

Thanks. I don’t like the look of risers. A 5k gun should not need them...

8. Rob01

Rob01

Just an idea. Your choice as it's your rifle. I use a Badger Ordnance riser on my $2800 Creedmoor AR so I can move a scope from my bolt guns to it easily. But that is more of a swapping set up than yours.