DEEP CREEK 1000 YD CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by MTlager, Jul 27, 2015.

1. MTlager

MTlager

The 17th annual Championship shoot at the Deep Creek Range near Missoula MT is coming up on August 7-9 2015. Sign up and practice all day Friday. Pig roast Friday evening. Anybody that can bring food dish or desert for potluck with the pig would be great. Safety Meeting at 7:30 am Saturday, shooting starts at 8:00. Same format as IBS season matches with shoot off in Hvy and 17# gun class. Nightforce Competition scopes will be award to winners of each gun class as well as 2 gun winner, based on point system of best score and group combined for the 2 days. Also cash payouts to winners of shoot off.There will also be our Historic 11# gun class. As always this is a great shoot and a good time on a great range. Please notify me if you plan on attending to help on getting a gun count. Email at northwest1000ydbenchrest@gmail.com or send me a pm. Hope to see you there.
    Lonnie

2. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Yes, come watch the "historic 11# class". Even better than the freak show at the carnival!

Tom ;D

3. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Only one week away! Whos coming?

4. Zilla

Zilla

I am.

5. Jet

Jet Rich Jette Gold $$ Contributor

I'll be there.

Rich

6. billshehane

billshehane

Tom

Diane just shipped to Lonnie a Tracker for your prize table. As usual this outta be a Great Match in the Beautiful Big Sky Country at Deep Creek to end your very successful season.
    Best wishes from both of us on continued Great Success.

Bill & Diane Shehane

7. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Thank you Bill and Diane!

Tom

8. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

Bill (and Diane) -

Thanks for what you all do for the sport and your gracious prizes to so many events !.!.!

Best Regards
    Donovan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex -

Add me to the count
    Donovan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom -

If you can pull off the win with your 6-lb hunting gun, could be Historical; lightest gun ever to win a Benchrest match.
    Think of the fame that would go with, besides what it would do to Lonnie's 11-lb streak and to his sanity.
    I'll be there to watch (the freak show)

9. longshot406

longshot406

Tom, when Alex mentioned "reamer cert." I was thinking of something else ! Thanks for keeping us informed !

10. Northridge

Northridge

I found a rifle that makes weight, Jim also found a rifle that will make 11# class. Neither one looks much like a bench gun but rather like something we would hunt with, this should be fun!!! If anything else it will be added muzzle blast on firing line while Lonnie runs his record string. Lol!!!

11. Alex Wheeler

If I get my reamer in time to chamber up this barrel, I'll bring my little 6.5x47L and shoot my breakin rounds in the 11lb.

12. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

If you really really really want to be part of the HISTORIC 11# title chase, I'm sure I can find something to loan you.

Tom

13. Alex Wheeler

5 days away, pray for some rain or smoke... Doesnt look like we'll get it though.

14. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

Not me, I'm hoping for mitigating conditions... but am looking forward to it regardless of what the conditions may be !.1.1

On a note; Tom told me earlier on the phone that he is loading to some advise from me for his "freak-show" gun. Thinking he's doing it so he can put blame off on me if Lonnie and the boys beat up on him.

See you all Friday...
    Donovan

15. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

That's okay if it doesn't work Donovan, Lonnie would be embarrassed to lose to a pack rifle anyway.

Tom

16. MTlager

MTlager

THE END IS NEAR !!

17. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

The end of what? Your reign on the 11# class maybe? It's like back when tiger woods could play..... Lonnie or the field!

Tom