Damnit Sierra! Ha Ha, reeeeal funny...

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Ledd Slinger, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I got pranked by Sierra. I was in my rythm loading hundreds of cases for spring varmint season (39gr BK in 204R) and I noticed something 'odd' while putting this completed round in the box. Nice one Sierra, you got me good! Lol :D

2018-01-09 22.55.13.jpg

Archer, nakneker, Toolbreaker and 7 others like this.
  2. Big Mc

Big Mc Gold $$ Contributor

That looks like there new line of PELT SAVER bullets. Tommy Mc

joshb likes this.
  3. painter

painter Gold $$ Contributor

I had one 6.5 Nosler without the tip, one from Speer 243 70gr without lead, mass production mistakes happen. Painter

4. Geronimo Jim

Geronimo Jim

I don't care who you are That's Funny! Anyone know who said that?

cdparker and joshb like this.
  5. ireload2

ireload2

I have several old Speer boxes of 250 grain .358 cal RN rifle bullets.
    After the core was inserted a few bullets were formed base first resulting in FMJs.

6. V509

V509

I have visited their factory and gotten some great buys in their outlet store. I bought some second grade 22 cal bullets that look like your pic except the little nub has a crimp and easily breaks off with a flick of the thumb when seating the bullet in the case

7. JSH

JSH

Had a buddy pick me up some seconds, whole bag full of plastic tips. The bullets that were in there some looked like yours and some may have had 2-3 tips shoved in the jacket. Used them for fire forming and they shot surprisingly well.
    Jeff

Zero333 and Ledd Slinger like this.
  8. Ledd Slinger

I've had tips missing on Noslers too ;)

But the lead misssing on a bullet!??? Haven't seen that yet!

WyleWD likes this.
  9. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

Would that be a torpedo bullet?

10. Ledd Slinger

I think it might be their new tungsten tip armor piercing design :)

USMCDOC likes this.
  11. 2506

I once got a 32 cal. hollow base wadcutter in a 500 box of Hornady 38 cal hollow base wadcutters. By the way this had to be a special run because I have never seen a 32 cal. HBWC. I once found a case in a bag of Remington 270 Win cases that did not have a primer flash hole.

I was also standing in a gun shop about 30 years ago when UPS brought in a shipment. The owner opened up the goodies and they were pistols he ordered. I will not mention the maker name but when the fellow opened up a box and pulled out a semi auto 9mm pistol and racked the slide back out came flying a live round of WW silver tip no doubt left over from test firing. Talk about quality control inspection going south.

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  12. okie

okie Gold $$ Contributor

WOW

13. okie

okie Gold $$ Contributor

on the loaded pistol!!!

14. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant

I came in for coffee one morning from the shop. I asked the wife why she bought me a can of snuff. She told me it must be a promotional item. I told her they don't give away tobacco products in coffee.

One of the line workers is probably still wondering where his new can of snuff went.

Attached Files:

okie, mudduck, Westhunder and 2 others like this.
  15. Ledd Slinger

LOL!!!

16. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

:)Everybody knows it was Larry the cable guy;)

Geronimo Jim likes this.
  17. JohnKielly

JohnKielly Australia, not Austria

It's a real bummer that manufacturers aren't like we are, perfect in every way & never make a missteak.

snert, Tommie, dogdude and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ledd Slinger

That's exactly what I was thinking! ;)

It was all just a jest bud. Every manufacturer let's bum bullets slip through them line. I'll still always use Sierra bullets in my varmint rifles. The 39gr BK's are one of the most accurate 20 cal bullets ever made in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    JLT likes this.
  19. Drop Port

Drop Port

This is true, the real test is how they handle a significant issue and I can say from experience that Sierra is one of the most stand up companies I've ever dealt with. I once brought an issue to their attention they looked into it acknowledged it and made good without flinching and even thanked me for bringing the issue to their attention. I use various brands but will support Sierra when ever possible.

20. Ledd Slinger

Yeah this thread was not made to take a stab at Sierra. Just playing around. I have loaded THOUSANDS of Sierra bullets in my 20 cal and 6mm varmint rifles. This might be the only Sierra bullet I've found with a mistake. At least i cant recall any others. I have had a few with the tips broke off, but that's not a mistake, that's damage and just happens sometimes. I'm not gonna hassle Sierra customer service over one little bullet mistake. Now if I had a bunch of these in a box, that would be a different story.