CZ455 scope rings and mount advice

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by crockersmith, Apr 15, 2013.

1. crockersmith

crockersmith

Picking up my new CZ 455 Varmint 22 rimfire w/ thumbhole stock, fluted heavy barrel etc. tomorrow. I just bought a Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9x40mm Riflescope and need some advice on rings and mounts. I will be shooting strictly targets and want a substantial setup. I don't have to have the most expensive setup but I want good quality for accuracy. Suggestions?

2. timbertoes

timbertoes

3. premo 2

premo 2

you will want more powerfull scope they are small holes to see, have you been to dip yet :)

4. dtucker

dtucker Gold $$ Contributor

For me, i have found the best setup to be on all the CZ,s i outfitted with scopes is a DIP rail and a set of Burris Signature Z rings. Works super and gives you plenty of room to adjust your scope to your preference. Medium rings gives enough room to mount a 40mm objective with or without an AO.

LA50SHOOTER and MarkS like this.
  5. Dan Hall

Dan Hall Silver $$ Contributor

For a simple, strong and clean looking mount just buy the Leupold rings that attach to the 11 mm groves. I have 2 455s with Weaver 6-24x42s on and the are a great mounting system[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a few pictures to give you a good idea of what they look like. They keep the scope low and securely mounted.

6. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Talley's would be another good choice.
    http://www.talleymanufacturing.com/cgi-bin/public_controller.cgi

7. Todd DuBose

Todd DuBose

What I used on my CZ-455 Thumbhole Fluted SST was a DIP mount with Millett High Scope rings for the 6-18x50 MM scope to clear. For a 3-9x40 you need medium rings but to really make this rifle and yourself shine, Go to the higher powered scopes. You wont regret it with the 455...

8. garrettsdad

garrettsdad

i have 455 in varmint and i can tell you medium rings are not high enough for 40 bell - tried medium with a 36x weaver and leupold rings - not enough clearance - had to reorder high rings

9. JohnHenry

JohnHenry

+1 on the BKL rings. Fit 11mm and 3/8" dovetail. Made in US. Reasonably priced. Have used them on CZ 455, Anschutz 1517, and Anschutz 1416.

10. BobbyT

BobbyT

BKL's all the way. For the money you cant beat them. I have them on several cz's and anschutz. Really a nice fitting ring.

11. DogBuster

DogBuster Silver $$ Contributor

Burris # 420-556 these are high Signatures to fit the 11mm rail...

also include clamps to fit any 3/8" rail.....CZ's usually require high to allow bolt lift

12. bgblue1978

bgblue1978

Reviving an old thread here, can anyone give me some pros/cons of the dip rail vs something like the bkl rings? i have a scope and ring combo already that worked well on another pic rail rifle so i was thinking of going with the dip but it says it adds extra height. Anyone have probkems getting cheek weld with this rail?

13. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

One thing you don't want is the scope adjustment to run out of vertical. Ideal is dead center on the dial. The DIP or any other + rail allows you have the rail adjust to +20 without touching the scope adjustments.

I use two rings exclusively.

1. BKL's (cheap enough). When sighting in, if I am clicking away at the vertical to excess,
    2. I will swap out for the Burris Signature Zee rings. They have inserts within the ring that will give you the adjustments (at least until the final few clicks one way or the other) that you require.

CZ's absolutely have a very high bolt throw, so beware on ring height, no matter what you originally choose.

Good luck.

14. Catdaddy2

Catdaddy2

If we're still talking about the cz 455 varmint I use Burris signature zee Med. rings with j&p adapter. Have the same setup on 452 American. Works well and looks clean.

15. bgblue1978

bgblue1978

Thanks guys i went ahead and ordered the dip rail adapter with 25 moa built in. im using a swfa scope which has a lot of adjustment built in but i figured that rail gives versatility to yse any rings or scopes in the future.

16. mr.big

mr.big

my 455 with a .900 Lilja bbl and the DIP 25 MOA extended base and Burris Medium Signature Zee rings and 24x Leupold scope,,,I have 5 of the DIP rails on CZ 452 and CZ 527 rifles and I take all the screws out of the rail and slid it on and drop a piece of 7 1/2 lead shot in each hole then put the screws in and tighten it down,,it keeps the screws from marking the top of the receiver and IMO helps lock the rail to the action,,the stock is by Don Stith

[​IMG]

holstil likes this.
  17. Huckleberry75

Huckleberry75

Pure Genius