WANTED CZ 455 BENCHREST STOCK

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by BOLTED, May 21, 2019.

Trader History (27)
  1. BOLTED

BOLTED Silver $$ Contributor

FOUND ONE! not sure how to edit the title of this add, and I'm leaving it up for a few, since others are looking for one and there is good info here.

I am looking for a 3" benchrest stock to fit my CZ455.

I have been trying to test ammo to find what this rifle likes, but the Tacticool stock the gun came with is just too rocky in the front rest. Lifting the bolt is tipping the rifle, and I'm not sure how to smooth the bolt lift. I have to hang on to the stock with my off hand when ejecting rounds, and I lose my sight picture every time. I know I could get or make an adapter for the front to ride a bag, but I would rather just change stocks. I finally found a used Lilja barrel for it, so it deserves to be in a beautiful, rock solid, bag riding, straight tracking, non-tipping carriage.

Used, abused, finished or unfinished, previously bedded, funky colors and peace stickers are all fine. I enjoy working on stocks, and I am working with limited funds, so new stuff may be out of reach for me right now. I seem to do better with a more vertical grip, but I am not set in stone on that.

Please let me know what you have, or a good place to look for one. I am excited to continue with this project, and I am impressed with the rifle so far. A good stock should make a big difference.

Thanks for your time,

Dave

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. BOLTED

Still looking!

3. Hacker

Hacker

Contact Tony Mele (401) 447-3069

He makes some adsolutly beautiful 10/22 and 455 stocks

4. mr.big

mr.big

I got one from Don Stith that is pretty nice also

5. BOLTED

I will check those sources, thank you for the help!

6. GunzRUs

GunzRUs Silver $$ Contributor

BOLTED....I'd be interested in what you find! Thanks

7. Mikemontminy

Mikemontminy Silver $$ Contributor

0879EADA-0913-40A6-BF80-A0C33C626E8B.jpeg Try Richards microfit stocks. Had mine inletted for the 455 and finished the rest myself.

8. 20PPC

20PPC Silver $$ Contributor

Check with Doyle Anglin of Dixie Stocks. He has a pattern stock of mine in a Baby Tracker pattern for a 452. I'm sur he could do whatever changes would be needed for a 455.

9. BOLTED

I found one! Used stock from a 455 built by Djdillodon, and modified by Zorrow. A Rimfire Central member was willing to let it go.

Thanks again to everyone for the help!