CZ 452 VS CZ 455

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Mark McMahon, Oct 11, 2017 at 4:39 PM.

1. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon Silver $$ Contributor

I know the barrel is threatened on the 452, but is there any real difference between the two, is the threaded barrel really a big deal, or are we just splitting hairs, your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated thanks for your time

2. SSL

SSL

In theory, the threaded barrel would give better support providing a more rigid receiver/barrel unit.

3. SSL

SSL

Forgot to mention that the 452 uses only one screw to attach the receiver to the stock while the 455 uses two, just like a centerfire. This should give a much more stable foundation for accuracy.

4. USMCDOC

USMCDOC Silver $$ Contributor

A lot of those ABRA 10/22's are only one screw too.. shooting just fantastic.. not saying that two ain't better.. but one will work if set up right

5. JRR

JRR

The 452 American has two receiver screws. The other 452s (except scout) have the barrel lug with screw that can be bedded into stock.

6. SSL

SSL

Good to know. The only two 452s I have seen only had one screw. Don't remember what designation they had.

7. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

The Silhouette, the Style, and the Trainer/Special, and the Super Brno 2500 all use(d) a variation of a dovetailed barrel lug. A variation of a dovetailed barrel lug. These can be bedded or floated....I've had both.
    CZ has become famous (infamous?) for having many variants, I've probably left some out.

8. jbell

jbell

Like said above the 452 American has 2 screws in the action. But IMO the big difference is the 455 had a bit more heavier built action and the tang is made in a way that form a great recoil lug if you decide to bed the action. Don't forget the amount of aftermarket support for the 455 vs the 452.

9. Mark W

Mark W Silver $$ Contributor

I went with 455 for the it's versatility.

USMCDOC likes this.
  10. SSL

SSL

Congratulations. Enjoy!

11. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

I have two non- American model 452's. Careful with the front barrel lug. Too tight and the barrel will get out of whack just a tad.

1. 452's are getting scarcer and scarcer.
    2. I would suggest a 455 for barrel changing ability and also it is a hell of a lot easier to install a new barrel if you decide to do so.

12. rockable

rockable Silver $$ Contributor

If you get one of the 455 like I got, no barrel interchange will make it shoot. Some are just not headspaced right and mine was one of them. My 452 shot great right out of the box and is what inspired me to buy the 455. I have enough in my 455, that I should have just bought an Anschutz. It shoots great now but I will never recoup the $$$ invested in it.