Crossfire ?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by madmixerman, Sep 13, 2018.

1. madmixerman

madmixerman Gold $$ Contributor

This post is basically for those who run matches , groundhog & br score matches.. What do you all do in the case of crossfire's? Is the person that crossfire's on someone else's target penalized in some way or not? If the person is penalized, what type of penalty is instituted? Crossfire's have became a problem for scorers trying to determine what shots are whose.

2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

You need stationary backers. If the shooter reports his crossfire he get a 1” penalty for each shot per 100yds in group matches

3. Dusty Stevens

In the case of a score match the person crossfiring should not shoot one of his scoring bulls for a zero. In a group match they shoot a 4 shot group. Ive never actually seen a crossfire in a score match so im not speaking of the rules officially but thats how a group match is. With stationary backers and the person doesnt report it and shoots 5 record shots they should get a dq

4. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

A friend told me that and correct me of course. NBRSA one off paper shot is a DQ
    IBS is a one MOA penalty

Edit- I have been corrected "LR IBS off paper is DQ
    NBRSA is 1 Moa penalty per off paper shot

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  5. MN50Shooter

MN50Shooter

In our 50 BMG Matches (FCSA) if your target receives a cross fire, the best 5 shots are scored. The person that crossfired will only have a maximum of 4 rounds on their target. The missed round will receive a 32" + Actual group size up to a max of 72".

Just Dave likes this.
  6. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow

In Score you do not shoot at the corresponding bull on your target and you get what you shot on the wrong target minus one point. And, of course, you acknowledge that you have crossfired to the range officer. In Score, the person fired upon also reports it to the range officer and fires on his or her fired upon bull. As Dusty mentioned you need stationary backers a yard at 100 yards behind the targets to aid in identifying crossfires.

Also, in IBS, for a dual yardage aggregate Score match, stationary backers are required.

7. Just Dave

Just Dave Gold $$ Contributor

Never happens ,, nope,, no way.. :rolleyes:
    o_O

8. Dusty Stevens

Not in short range (the dq)

D Coots likes this.
  9. expiper

expiper

I feel that no one should be dq-ed,,,,,add a penalty but let everyone go on and shoot,,,we all make mistakes,,,we are able to set a record every time we sit down to shoot,,,folks drive clear across the USA to shoot and should still be allowed to compete (with a penalty) ,,,the cost and time and effort is too great to treat oneanother like this,,,Roger

a few yrs ago I was at a National long range event,,,I held the wrong way and put 4 shots in an inch right at the edge of the paper,,,one missed ,,,did not crossfire on anyone,,,should have had penalty ,,DQ is the wrong way to handle this,,,

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    ND shooter likes this.
  10. Dusty Stevens

Exactly. DQ keeps attendance down

11. JMayo aka haveme1

JMayo aka haveme1

I got a dq for missing one. 4 shots on target. IBS 600.
    I see reshoots between two when cross fire happened.
    I don't know how they were scored.