Cool game cam pic

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by cjames, Jan 13, 2018.

1. cjames

cjames

Hawk Chad's Feeder.JPG
    I got this off of my game cam. I guess he was going after a quail or rabbit. About a week before this he was laying in the road with a rattle snake in his talons and he wouldn't let go or move. I drove about a foot from them both. When I came back by they were both gone, so I guess the hawk won.

2. GlockamoleTX

GlockamoleTX

Great photo. I'm going to make a wild guess..... Ozona, Sonora, Junction area?

3. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Looks a little like the Barksdale/Rocksprings area in the background.

ShootDots likes this.
  4. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

One of the coolest game cam pix I’ve seen.

5. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

I've got one with a hawk and a rabbit but, your is much nicer. Great photo.

NorCalMikie likes this.
  6. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

Use to ride a murder cycle 125 miles back and forth to work every day. Higher mountain winding roads. Came around one corner and there was still fur floating in the air where about 10 feet away, an Eagle had just got a rabbit. The bird wasn't giving it up and wasn't about to move either.:cool:

7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Gold $$ Contributor

Very nice photo. I guess West of Junction but not quite to Sonora..

8. FFEMT

FFEMT Gold $$ Contributor

Awesome...... Simply Awesome.

9. Someoldguy

Someoldguy Silver $$ Contributor

I witnessed a Bald Eagle fly off with a full grown road kill raccoon one day. I didn't know they could do that . . .

WoW!

10. cjames

cjames

It’s 14 miles south of Loraine TX. West of Sweetwater. Rattlesnake country.

Taildrag15X likes this.
  11. cjames

cjames

IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0614.jpg
    This is the view from my stand. The feeder is to the left side of the pic with the cross roads. That's where the camera is. The other one is out of the right window. Pretty good view.

6ShotsOr5? and Geronimo Jim like this.
  12. David247

David247 Silver $$ Contributor

That is a very neat picture!!!
    Here's a cool hawk story. One day I was coming home from shooting ironically, and a half mile before my driveway, a red tail flew out of some honeysuckle bushes on a very steep embankment right next to the road. He hit my windshield as I was going about 35 MPH. I looked in the mirror and he rolled around a bit then flew off which I was glad about. I returned my attention back to the road in front of me and noticed he had left a nice garter snake across my windshield wipers. He seemed stunned so I picked up the pace and got up to my barn before he got his act together and would get away. I put him under my chicken house and hoped he would be okay and catch some nice.

I've always done this with all the snakes I could catch. I don't have that many mice but I figure you can just not have too many snakes under the chicken house, lol. I never thought I would have one delivered to me though. BTW, I'm in Indiana. We don't have to worry too much about poisonous snakes.

Jet likes this.
  13. Taildrag15X

Taildrag15X

Really great pic! I know the area, use to enjoy the Rattlesnake Round Up, I spent 6 years in Abilene for Uncle Sam.

6ShotsOr5? likes this.
  14. 6ShotsOr5?

6ShotsOr5? Gold $$ Contributor

Been a few years since I deer hunted. These photos and the mention of Barksdale / Rock Springs are giving me the itch.

15. GlockamoleTX

GlockamoleTX

I know the area well as my Dad was from Loraine. Fished Lake Sweetwater many times as a kid. As far as rattlesnakes go, once you go to the roundup you never forget the smell.

Taildrag15X likes this.
  16. Stud Duck

Stud Duck

Great photo.

17. cjames

cjames

IMG_0129.PNG
    This was a pic I got a week or so before I got the one on the game cam. It's not to clear I didn't want the snake to get loose so its zoomed in on my phone. But, then I had to drive about a foot from them on my 4 wheeler to go up the hill to the stand. The hawk is on his back and the snake is to the left.

18. wholman

wholman

Did the snake eat the hawk or did the hawk eat the snake.