Competition Scope Testing - Another View

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by CaptainMal, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Yeah, could you make us a tool to check your scopes with? That will go over well:D

2. AlloyTargets

AlloyTargets Site $$ Sponsor

But they might sell 20-30 of them. LOL

Oh yeah... put the parallax on the objective for clearance reasons.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  3. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

They could sell 30 and get 300 scopes back for warranty LOL

4. bpmoss1

bpmoss1

We need someone like Cecil Tucker to come up with and offer a fix that will make our longrange scopes (hopefully the NF Comp) hold poa like he did with the 36x leupolds for shortrange. It would bring someone a lot of buisiness and seems more likely than the chances of getting mass produced scope that's going to hold. Talking with a friend the other day that believes the spring may be the prob with the Comp. as mass production sources cheapest components to keep costs down. He believes that when people send in their Comp. for repair and receive it back and were told it checked out fine (however it now holds) that they may be replacing the spring with a better one. I understand if they were to admit there is a problem it would mean a recall and cost them a fortune in time and labor. If it is the spring maybe they will make changes for the scopes produced in the future. I'm interested to here how those Comps. that were returned will hold up. May start a thread for them to report on. A Comp. that holds would be the ultimate scope in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. CaptainMal

CaptainMal Silver $$ Contributor

Talked with the Nightforce rep that originally took my Competition back for repair. Told him it was much improved. Tried to con him into hinting what might have been done. Other than a new parallax knob without range markings, nothing to report.

They did something.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    bpmoss1 likes this.
  6. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

New shipping box? The box change has worked on a couple I've tested too;)

Tom

Jet, Stan Taylor and bpmoss1 like this.
  7. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor

Heck I don't even have a box

8. 3Ackleys

3Ackleys Silver $$ Contributor

No they should make the tool and check THEIR scopes BEFORE they ship them!

9. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

A buddy of mine works for Leupold.. has been for years.. i told him that i finally found a scope that i really liked.. he was like "Oh! Which one is that?" and i told him that it was the Vortex Golden Eagle.. i have not spoke to him but once since then.. and the phone call was kinda short.. i didn't even get to talk to him about scope checking!

seymour fish, Jet and dmoran like this.