CMP Rimfire sporter rifle/scope question

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by ksfrank, Aug 1, 2018.

1. ksfrank

ksfrank Silver $$ Contributor

I am putting together a .22 LR for the CMP rimfire sporter game. Shooting is done at 25 and 50 yards. Looking for input on what scope to put on it. Weight will be an issue. Rifle, scope and empty magazine must weigh 7.5 lbs or less. Variable power scope is ok, it just has to include 6x.

2. drover

drover

It would be easier to give a recommendation if you would provide the weight of the rifle, magazine, and scope rings, that way it at least gives an idea of how much remaining weight you have for the scope.

drover

3. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

6 power is the maximum allowed. You may actually like a little less, which is OK. I see a lot of shooters think “I have a variable, I gotta set it at 6”

4. ksfrank

Finally got the barreled action. 4.7 lbs, stock 29 oz, rings 3 oz. Thoughts?

5. truman

truman

having shot all the camp perry matches, save one, i have som
    e questions. bolt or semi-auto? bolt go with one of the cz's. semi, i suggest a 10/22, short barrel, carbon fiber bull. scope, stay with a 1" tube rimfire model adjust parallax for the short range. i use a 2-7 leupold target dot vx-2 set at 4x. one year shot a 589 with that scope, good for 6th overall. ps i run a box stock t/c classic. gear isn't a big deal, PRACTICE IS!!!!

6. ksfrank

Thanks, going with a Kidd 10/22. Trying to decide on the scope. Thanks for the advice.