SELLING Chamber Chiller Rifle Barrel Cooler

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by Das Capitolin, Feb 22, 2017.

Trader History (15)
  1. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Silver $$ Contributor

Chamber Chiller Rifle Barrel Cooler $38 Shipped

The idea behind Chamber Chiller is simple: cool the chamber, where heat often sinks into the loaded cartridge which then causes higher pressure, and deliver cool air down even the longest rifle barrel with a high-output fan. Impressive air volume moved at a higher static pressure means much less time is needed for cool-down, which equals quicker recovery and return to optimal operating temperatures.
    [​IMG]

OMEGA-50 is designed to fit 223 up to 6.5, and BETA-50 fits 6mm up to 338LM.
    See for yourself how Chamber Chiller performs:

Prototype samples are available here: Chamber Chiller Rifle Barrel Cooling Fan

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Puzzaz01 likes this.
  2. MN50Shooter

MN50Shooter

Do you happen to still have any of the -60 models remaining? I am interested in one for my 50 BMG. I've been looking for a way to cool my chamber during FCSA Matches as well as when doing load development.
    Thanks

3. Das Capitolin

I will message you with a possible alternative.

Dale700 likes this.
  4. Das Capitolin

There are still a few Chamber Chiller prototypes available, and ready to ship out.
    Reserve your sample of the best rifle barrel cooler now, before the hot season arrives!

Fast14riot likes this.
  5. Fast14riot

Fast14riot

Might just have to get one, after you showed me yours at Palomino last month I was pretty impressed.

6. Mickeyb

Mickeyb

I bought one.
    They work well

7. Ruddy

Ruddy

Which models do you have available?

8. Das Capitolin

9. birdog

birdog

order placed on website

10. dave300

dave300

11. Das Capitolin

Hello dave300: The only matching order I could find was from three days ago, not last week. Also, as you see mentioned here (as well as the website), I am awaiting resupply of components that should arrive in a week or two. I'll send you a message.

12. Das Capitolin

13. bobcat93

bobcat93

How do I order? I would like the omega-50 ( I will be using in a .223 rem chamber)..
    Thanks

14. birdog

birdog

My Beta-60 arrived today. Looks good!

Das Capitolin likes this.
  15. 37Lincoln1

37Lincoln1

Omega-50 arrived today, will test it tomorrow.

16. 37Lincoln1

37Lincoln1

Non-scientific, non-take it to the bank Test of the Chamber Chiller Model Omega-50, Beta 1.18. YMMV.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee or a relative of the developer/distributor. Just an interested shooter with no dog in the fight. Paid my $38 and this is what I found out.

Rifle: Tikka 223 Varmint
    Air Temperature: 60F-64F, Sunny then cloudy.
    Humidity: 78%-74%

Barrel Temperatures recorded by Fluke 62 Mini IR Thermometer @ just forward of chamber.

28 rounds slow fire followed by 12 minute break with Omega-50 on and in chamber.

Initial Temperature reading after cease fire: 90.5F
    Temperature reading after 12 minutes of Chamber Chiller Operation: 78.5F
    Total net temperature reduction: 12 degrees F.

23 rounds slow fire followed by 5 minute break with Omega 50 on and in chamber.

Initial Temperature reading after cease fire: 83F
    Temperature reading after 5 minutes of Chamber Chiller Operation: 77F.
    Total net temperature reduction: 6 degrees F.

Location of temperature reading was chosen because that part of the barrel was not subject to being heated by the sun as it was shaded. I did not want to introduce any additional variables. When I did take a preliminary measurement closer to the muzzle the temperature increased 2 to 4 degrees F. The sun also made it difficult to see exactly where the IR dot was reading from. With the area chosen I was able to measure from the same spot every time because of the barrel engraving.

I suppose I could have taken the chamber reading after another break and not used the Chamber Chiller to see what the result would be without assistance. However my main objective was load work up and I found myself with not enough left over rounds to heat up the barrel sufficiently to run this portion of the test. Perhaps another time soon.

As you can see this was not an exceptionally warm day here in East Tennessee. The Chamber Chiller appears to work as advertised.

However, I was disappointed to see that the glue used to join the battery box and the fan failed just sitting on the bench when not in use and this was in the shade. I can't imagine what would happen in the summer in a place like say, Las Vegas.

I'm sure Olin has his reasons for using a heat gun glue, as that is what it appears to have been used. I was able to heat the glue with a blow dryer and rejoined the two "halves" but I have the feeling I may have to "rinse and repeat." This product needs another type of glue (or screws) to more securely join the two parts.

One other suggestion I would like to humbly suggest is that in further designs of this product that the fan aperture be given a larger gap between it and the battery/fan box combination, if possible. Mine interfered slightly with the Vortex Tactical ring nut but I was able to overcome this by adding an "O" ring to the fan aperture allowing me to position it so it would seal the chamber and still allow clearance.

The unit is very quiet and you will have to take off your hearing protection and put your ear up to the unit to check for operation. You can feel the air coming out of the muzzle but use a piece of paper/thread and not your face, (LOL!, I've seen some strange stuff).

Bottom line, I think it's worth it. Just fix that glue problem.

17. Das Capitolin

Thank you for this feedback! I'm glad that you're pleased with Chamber Chiller's performance, and confirm it's near-silent operation. I think people who wear electronic hearing protection will appreciate the absence of noise, compared to other products.
    As for the separation issue, I am disappointed in the problems its caused. I have tried several different methods of adhering the components together, and all have had some degree of failure. I wanted the ability to separate in case a battery box or fan failed, so I would only have to replace one component and not both. Fortunately, neither of these have ever been reported. I may need to ditch the idea of making it possible to separate components, and permanently adhere them with epoxy.

18. 37Lincoln1

37Lincoln1

A quick look at the fan and it seems to me that it has a place where small screws could be used (long holes/tubes). Just find room in the battery box for a small nut and secure those with Locktite, might solve your problem of security with the ability to detach both components. A molded holder for the nut would be ideal.

Food for thought.

19. johnnyi

johnnyi Gold $$ Contributor

chiller works very well. I received mine on Friday, perfect timing to test on a hot Saturday during long 25+ shot strings. Barrel went from barely able to handle to warm in 30'ish minutes. I love this uses AA batteries.

whysman and Das Capitolin like this.
  20. Das Capitolin

Coming soon: the very last Chamber Chiller samples. Only 20 units will be made for each model, and then... that's all folks! Reserve your sample of the best rifle barrel cooler now, before the hot season arrives!