Can anyone make me a 50BMG wheel for a Ken Light annealer?

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by BOLTED, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JRS

JRS Silver $$ Contributor

The Light 50 BMG wheel is 2" thick.

2. BOLTED

BOLTED Silver $$ Contributor

Thank you JRS! I knew it was a fairly hefty plate.

jaclthr, I'm anxious to hear how your plate comes out. If you could send me a message or a couple pictures when you are done, I would very much appreciate it.

Dave

3. jaclthr

jaclthr Gold $$ Contributor

Hello Dave,

Plates just arrived and they look like they are going to work perfectly. As soon as I get started I'll try to load pictures.

jaclthr

4. BOLTED

BOLTED Silver $$ Contributor

jaclthr,

Nice! I hope it all goes well for you, and I bet it will turn out great.

Are you making two 50 BMG wheels? You said plate(s) so I was just wondering. If you need a template for the 223, 308 or the 338, I can loan you one. Or at least give you any measurements you need. I have a feeling you already have a template wheel though, and that you know exactly what you are doing.

I just ordered the 338 plate last week from Ken Light, so hopefully it will be here soon.

I also renewed my FCSA membership, so I'm betting someone over there has a 50 wheel. As soon as my membership # gets here so I can log on, I will ask.

5. jaclthr

jaclthr Gold $$ Contributor

Hello Sir,

I said plates because I ordered a 1 1/2" thick and a 2" thick plate to see which would be best and I am going with the 2" first. I do have a Ken Light set up so I have plates, that is how I new I would have to make the ring with the holes wider to take the much bigger hole size required for the 50 BMG and still have plenty of wall thickness on the holes. I am hoping to get started later this week.

jaclthr