California gun laws and Accurate Shooting

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by carlsbad, Jul 12, 2019.

1. eric n

eric n Gold $$ Contributor

O, we have 30 round mags and people use them. My ears are still ringing from yesterday.
    Let’s see... within 45 minutes I have a 1 k range, a 800 and change, 600, a few outdoor 100/200 and God knows how many indoor ranges. Within 2 hrs that doubles and with BLM land, I can shoot pretty much as far as I want. Believe it or not, the gun culture thrives here. I sure hope it doesn’t get as bad as many here think it is.

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Gold $$ Contributor

Uh no, they won't. And law enforcement knows that attempted gun confiscation would turn into a bloodbath. That's one reason why in so many jurisdictions, law enforcement officers, especially sheriffs, have flatly refused to enforce certain gun laws.

3. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

A couple years I’ll be knocking on your door. I’ll be bringing seafood and beer. My brother lived in Flippin for years. You have to look hard to find someone to bother you. You don’t see the law unless their friends or you called them. Interesting State.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    waltkrafft, Snuggie and Dusty Stevens like this.
  4. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Ned
    I’ll make another prediction
    75 % of law enforcement will be on the gov. side

5. Ned Ludd

Completely agree there. It might even be much higher than that. However, I'd also guess that most of them [rightly] don't want to be the first person through the front door when it comes time to confiscate someone's guns, either.

6. JimT

JimT “I don’t even own a piece of camo!”-Kenny Jarrett Gold $$ Contributor

Hopefully it will be a robot or two so an innocent law enforcement officer doing his job does not get killed!

7. sdean

Shoot at the law and see what happens. Cold dead hands is exactly what it will be. No more grandkids, no more sex with women, no more soft shell crabs and no more beer and no more shooting. In real life will be a tough decision.

8. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

Well this got dark. Went from silly laws to well...:confused:

9. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I think the police participation outside the urban areas will be close to zero until they see how it will all play out, not even close to 75%. They are usually gun owners and understand

10. Ned Ludd

I think we can all agree that we hope it NEVER comes to that. But there are plenty of people that take that pesky "shall not be infringed" clause pretty seriously. Short of a change or outright repeal of the 2nd Amendment, which I don't see happening anytime soon, these same folks are not likely to take kindly to anyone trampling on their constitutional rights, and may use force to prevent it. Clearly there are also those that will continue to try and chip away at the 2nd Amendment one little bit at a time whenever possible; i.e. death by a thousand cuts. Make no mistake, these are the people that are setting up a potential confrontation, not law-abiding gun owners.

Bc'z, 300_whisper and murray brook like this.
  11. rr2030

rr2030

In like a three egg omelet, onions, diced ham, cheddar cheese and medium salsa on top. Simple but gets the job done. Warsch it down with a huge glass of OJ, toast on the side. Proceeded with a double espresso and cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto.

Now, where were we ?

12. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Sausage or scrapple?;)

13. Ned Ludd

Scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar, diced ham, and green peppers, stuffed into pita bread halves. Much better than worrying about what might happen ;).

14. sdean

You got that right. Find a place and a way to be happy.

15. people

people

If memory serves and it does. At the end of WWII Nazi personal used that very line to try to cover for the crimes they committed.

If law enforcement chooses to enforce illegal laws, and it costs law enforcement their life then so be it. They took an oath. More importantly they should know better.

16. JimT

JimT “I don’t even own a piece of camo!”-Kenny Jarrett Gold $$ Contributor

If my memory serves me correctly, and it does, we are a nation of laws and there is a legal process to determine the validity (constitutionality) of laws passed by democratically elected bodies.

I for one don’t want you determining what “illegal laws” should be enforced just as I don’t want your liberal counterpart to do the same.

BTW, it’s “personnel” not “personal.”

You might want to read the decision I posted above so you might be better informed and educated in the future.

300_whisper likes this.
  17. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

Yeah I’m kind of uncomfortable talking about hurting cops or anyone for that matter. Just me....

If SHTF, I think cops would be like every normal American and focus on protecting their families.

What’s better a 6BR or .243? Can you even own those rounds in California?? ;)

@carlsbad you got anymore pics of your work?

18. Mudder

Mudder Silver $$ Contributor

Talking about Shooting cops and revolting against the government if you don’t get your childish way is hardly the intent of this website. Your ignorance is astounding.

Please find another place to talk about this bullshit.

19. people

people

Once again jimt is doing what jimt does. Under your logic we would still be under the crown. At some point you have to use logic and see what a law truly is. It is just a means of enslaving the US population. If a cop decides to stack up to enforce an illegal law then they should suffer the consequences. As should those that push for, enact, and support these types of laws. Yes that does mean you buddy.

It is shocking to me how many on this firearms forum are just ok with freedoms being taken away.

20. people

people

This thread should have been deleted a long time ago. Childish way? You and jimt must be the same person. You truly need to look at what is going on in this nation. I wonder what world you live in where it is childish to just give up rights. Giving up rights for anything never turned out for the better.

The only person I have ever meet in real life who thought giving up rights was a good ides was defiantly a beta male. You sound just like him.

I guess for you and jimt "long live the crown?" or some BS like that.