California gun laws and Accurate Shooting

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by carlsbad, Jul 12, 2019.

1. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

That looks great. I can’t machine worth a crap. You would think being an engineer would mean I would be good at making the crap I design.

carlsbad likes this.
  2. danny

danny

First they came for the "Sniper Rifles", then they came for ABC, then after that, XYZ. When all of that was done, they came after pointy sticks.

Danny

carlsbad likes this.
  3. kneedtospeed

kneedtospeed Gold $$ Contributor

Now Why pick on the fruits, nuts, and vegetables?

They're People too...

joshb, rr2030, Bc'z and 1 other person like this.
  4. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

Indeed. Have you guys seen the UK police bragging about the scissors and kitchen knives they are confiscating to make the UK a safer place?

Rube Shooter and joshb like this.
  5. carlsbad

Whisper,
    It just takes a lot of practice and a very sharp tool. I also have a special collet for improved alignment on Savage. Collets aren't perfect unless you make them that way. --Jerry

6. rr2030

rr2030

Chill bro, it's all good. I just wanted to point out a few things good around here. Except the Gladiator thing, thats not good. LOL

carlsbad likes this.
  7. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Beautiful work, you will be seeing one of mine soon.
    As for gun laws they suck all over.
    And when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

carlsbad likes this.
  8. carlsbad

BTW, one of these days I'm going to start a thread on where I should retire. I'm 62 and I've ruled out a lot of states: CA, NY, IL, CT, (anywhere in New England). I'm worried about TX, AZ and CO based on the influences of urban area liberals eventually outnumbering conservatives.

--Jerry

Rube Shooter likes this.
  9. 300_whisper

Move to ga. Everyone, except me, is nice here. Lol

carlsbad and Bc'z like this.
  10. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Our government in Oregon sucks.
    Demographic by geographic, same as you.

11. carlsbad

Thanks for reminding me of the good things. Other than shooting, I have trouble getting very excited about a lot of the good things in CA because of our messed up state government. I was in LA today watching my son play in a tournament at an extremely high end country club. On the way home the traffic was bad so I got of and drove down Hollywood Blvd. What a pit it has become. And there were tents on both sides of the freeway and open spaces. I have noticed you don't see many "I love LA" bumperstickers any more, with good reason.

--Jerry

12. carlsbad

I lived in Atlanta for 2 years on a temporary assignment. It was very nice in 1999. I worry a bit about GA flipping blue because of Atlanta....but as I remember the city wasn't as liberal as a lot of other big cities.

13. 300_whisper

It’s my PTSD flaring up. I’m chill now... :D

rr2030 likes this.
  14. 300_whisper

Atlanta is literally a blue dot in ga and my lovely city is a blue dot. The rest of the state is red. Crazy how strong city centers are.

There’s tons of cheap, beautiful, small town, country places to live. You could sell your house in CA and buy a farm here.

15. carlsbad

That's the plan. I grew up on a farm in MO. I want a shop that I can shoot at least 100 yards if not 300 yards out the back of. It is a pain to do load development when the range is 40 minutes away. --Jerry

16. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

Do like me. Move close to Dusty in Arkansas in case you need to borrow something. Other place I’m looking is Tennessee.

Bc'z likes this.
  17. carlsbad

Arkansas and Tennessee are high on the list.

18. gme

gme Site $$ Sponsor

19. rr2030

rr2030

Agree it's sad down there. My new job has me driving down there and in the Valley. Amazing the tent cities. I'm thinking but not sure, 80% drug related homelessness? Sad.

20. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Yall come on to ark. We have the only river nice enough to be a national park! Its very nice here, you can wear a maga hat and people will ask where it came from instead of wanting to fight

JLT and Just Say Moe like this.