California gun laws and Accurate Shooting

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by carlsbad, Jul 12, 2019.

1. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

The 2nd Amendment has been going downhill since 1934 and the NFA. Ironic, it was enacted due to the criminal element, the same reasons as today and just as ineffective.

300_whisper likes this.
  2. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

I’m not from California

3. people

people

Fixed it for you.

Zero333 likes this.
  4. rr2030

rr2030

If you refuse to ship to CA, you are validating the foolish laws and hoops they make everyone jump through. Just do the extra few minuets of paperwork and ship or sell here. At the LEAST it proves you can't be intimidated by the goofy legislature here.

It's unfortunate that a bunch of frizzy haired, tight pants wearing, pink shoed, tofu farting metrosexual legislatures bullied so many "MOLON LABE " tough guys into reacting just as they desired, Pitiful. Don't concern yourselves, we will keep fighting.

muleman69 and Bc'z like this.
  5. 300_whisper

LOLZ :D:D:D

6. 300_whisper

How exactly would they enforce that? What an unenforceable law....

So a robber, committing something already illegal, steals your gun, and now you’re the criminal?!?!

Can we hold the Delaware police accountable for breaking the law for not preventing the crime to begin with?!?!

7. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

It was smoke and mirrors since the more draconian laws wouldn't pass. It'll only be used when some drug dealer's gun is used in a crime and then, like all the person prohibited law breakers get, a plea bargain and dropped gun charges.

8. Mudder

Mudder Silver $$ Contributor

I hear over at benchrest.com they actually talk about shooting ....

riverwolf1, RatRifle, Evan and 2 others like this.
  9. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

You can still buy ammo at a Walmart in CA. But thanks for contributing. --Jerry

10. carlsbad

For those that ask what the point of this thread was, it is people like sdean who don't have a clue. --Jerry

Mudder and rr2030 like this.
  11. 300_whisper

Through an FFL right? What are the laws? You’re the one who started the post. Teach us fools what wonderful California has to offer. Maybe we can come visit without threat of going to prison.

12. carlsbad

Whisper,
    You proved my point. People think CA is some Nazi wonderland. But I don't need to teach you because you will never come here, you'll sit at a distance and make fun of us.

See post 36 above for a discussion of ammo laws. Walmart will still sell you ammo.

I'm not trying to say CA is wonderful. But we don't deserve being made a laughing stock. See the post above about CT which seems to have worse laws than CA. NY and IL have bad laws. DC will lock you up if they find one empty shell casing in your home.

--jerry

13. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

I guess he wants us to move over there and help out. And by the way Trump carried my state.

14. carlsbad

No. N. O. Mail order ammo has to go to a registered ammo dealer, who is likely also an FFL. Walmart is a registered ammo dealer but they do not offer the service to recieve your mail order ammo. --Jerry

15. 300_whisper

I never said anything bad about California. I told RR2030 we need to keep selling to you guys. I get frustrated at the laws too. Bc one states good idea fairy bleeds into others. Turns out Georgia has bills that makes it to their state legislative floor every year that make California look like a safe haven for the 2A. I’m blessed and they are struck down. We have one bad year where a certain group wins our senate or HoR then we are just like you. It almost happened with Stacey Abrams. We were 1.2% away from an assault weapons ban.

No offense but your post sounds like you’re sugar coating California laws, and the way it’s phrased (even though I know you don’t mean it) is “ah who cares about those AR looney tunes or guys who don’t reload.” The first 5 or 6 posts call you out on it too....

Your laws, CT, DC, NJ, NY, IL, and DE affect all of us. These ideas spread like the Ebola virus, and I don’t like them. It doesn’t matter if you have the most conservatives, most hunters, most shooters, most whatever. All that matters is those cancerous laws have taken affect, and I don’t want them. No one wants them.

Your post can be summed up by this website. I’ve read it because I actually care.

https://www.laxammooc.com/california-ammo-laws-for-2019/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  16. rr2030

rr2030

It's a very complicated process that takes almost 3 minuets after you show a REIL drives license or a pass card.

17. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

Jerry I guess it turns out I am the ignorant one. I do not have a clue to what you are looking for. I would not hesitate to ship a gun to Cal. That was part of your first post. I know there are plenty of happy people in California. But the rest of the country ain’t coming to save you. We all have our own problems. I can’t change where a business will ship. Only Californian’s can vote there. Seriously what can I do to help?
    Stephen

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    300_whisper likes this.
  18. rr2030

rr2030

We are the 5th largest economy in the WORLD. Over 13% of the US economy.
    According to the latest statistics compiled by the California Department of Food and Agriculture, the state produces almost half of all the fruits, nuts and vegetables grown in the country, as well as a whopping share of the livestock and dairy. We feed you.
    • Dairy Products, Milk — $6.56 billion
    • Grapes — $5.79 billion
    • Almonds — $5.60 billion
    • Strawberries — $3.10 billion
    • Cattle and Calves — $2.53 billion
    • Lettuce — $2.41 billion
    • Walnuts — $1.59 billion
    • Tomatoes — $1.05 billion
    • Pistachios — $1.01 billion
    • Broilers — $939 million
    Ever heard of a place called Silicone Valley? How about Edwards Airbase ? Palmdale ring a bell. Many contributions to the design and production of what our military and aerospace use. Have you heard of Apple ?, yep, based here. Im sure you have gone to the movies right, yea, that was probably CA also. The ocean is great especially fishing, I prefer the Mountains, we have those also. Drive down PCH on a hot weekend and check out the scantily clad ladies, gets my heart going. Not into that, we'll just drive on down to Venice beach, plenty of oiled up body builders, great if your preference is Gladiator movies if you know what I mean.

Plus we have a Strawberry festival, Gilroy CA has a Garlic festival and I don't recall what town it is but they have a huge fountain and a tall building with a clock on it.

For starters.

19. carlsbad

Stephen,
    I apologize for the tone of my message and anything I said that came across as personal.

We gun owners aren't that happy in CA. We just aren't as bad as people think we are.

And it seems to me sometimes that people in other places seem to be emotionally committed to CA being a horrible place, like it makes them feel better...

For those complaining that there are too many posts in this thread and not enough posts about gun things, here is a savage bolthead that I finished bushing between posts. :) 20190713_184749.jpg

Mudder, mike a, Bc'z and 1 other person like this.
  20. 300_whisper

Jesus Christ why do I even bother. I was on your side RR2030....

Enjoy California...I’ll stay on the east coast with my lowly peaches, cotton, and 30 round mags.

carlsbad likes this.