Cabelas backstabbers

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by mongo chicago, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

1. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

In Illinois, they are teaming up the anti gun politicians to eliminate the smaller gun stores and solidify their base. The governor priiztker signed a bill that enacts a statewide licensing of gun stores with a $1,500.00 licensing fee, among many other costly regulations like mandatory state of the art surveillance electronics, but they got themselves an exemption by getting the wording in the bill that if your business sells items other than firearms and the sales receipts of those items are a lot more than your firearms related receipts, you are exempt from those provisions. There are 5 gun stores near me that are either planning to close by Jul. or all ready have.

Evlshnngns and Ramblerman like this.
  2. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

From the ISRA today:

[​IMG]
    ISRA Thursday Bulletin - March 14, 2019

Executive Directors Message

On Sunday, March 10, 2019, a pro-Second Amendment Rally was held in Effingham, Illinois, with 1602 people attending. I have never seen a rally this large and enthusiastic outside of IGOLD. It is very important that everyone possible attend IGOLD on Wednesday, March 27th. The rally in Effingham is indicative of what is going on in Illinois outside of Chicago. When HR0101 came up, the resolution to separate Chicago from the rest of the State, the cheers were long and loud. It is not that Downstaters hate the people in Chicago, it is that they hate being ruled by Chicago politicians and their country bumpkin attitude toward the rest of the State.

Chicago has a crime problem that is multiplied by not enforcing the laws already on the books. Instead, Chicago prefers making their crime problem everyone else’s problem. One of the obvious ways they do that is by trying to inflict Chicago Style Gun Control on everyone else in the state. Those same people promote their own hoplophobic neuroses about firearms, trying to make it the new normal. They try to make everyone afraid of firearms.

Chicago exports many of their crime problems to other parts of the state. If you live in cities, villages or a town outside of Chicago, you have probably noticed your community has changed. The municipalities along the interstates are most affected. I live in an area that actually has a name for it, known as the
    I-55/I-57 effect. I live right between the two interstates; the City is exporting less desirable people into downstate Illinois.

There are unscrupulous landlords converting entire apartment complexes into section 8 housing. This, of course, drives the decent residents out and turns these locations into an island of crime in an otherwise good place. Watch the news media and see where the arrested criminals have their origins. Ask the local police were these new criminal imports come from. If you are in a city that is large enough, ask an Uber or Lyft driver where they hate to go or simply won’t go. Of course, not everyone from Chicago fits this category, but enough do to change your community because many of these people have criminal records. If that won’t make you get your ICCL, nothing will.

Now back to the rallies. The ISRA will be scheduling more rallies around the state. If one is held near you please try to attend and bring someone with you. I have often mentioned this is going to be a long and expensive fight. We need more people on our side. Please ask everyone you know to join the Illinois State Rifle Association.

Congratulations to the people of Kentucky. The Kentucky Governor just signed into law Constitutional Carry for those over 21 with no criminal record. If you wish to leave the state you can get a permit. Kentucky is the 16th state to pass Constitutional Carry.

Geno C, mrjdasr, KevinThomas and 3 others like this.
  3. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

I am about done with Cabelas… Last time I was in SLC they had low stock and high prices.. I can get better rewards at the bank .. Cabelas is just another name for "Ass Pro"

4. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

Really, when cabela's got into the real estate market, and hunting property garbage, the writing was on the wall.

5. muleman69

muleman69 USMC -1st marine Div. RVN Gold $$ Contributor

So Cabela's helped to word the Bill?

6. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

Silly question ------ they just make their deals - payoffs - or whatever with the politicians to get exempted. They don't need to compose it.

7. K22

K22

Political issues aside - Cabela's is the worst gun store I ever shopped at if my 50 years of active participation in the shooting sports. Horrible prices - Horrible inventory - Horrible service - nice animal displays. I haven't been back there in over 3 years and have no plans to ever go there again.

Last time I visited there I came to purchase a firearm, had money in hand, knew what I wanted - had to take a number and after an hour of waiting I departed, no purchase - no plan of ever going back.

'Freak and corsair4360 like this.
  8. Bc'z

Bc'z

Best thing about Cabela's is the fudge.

zeke06, Mulligan, hogpatrol and 4 others like this.
  9. Trophied

Trophied Gold $$ Contributor

Unfortunately I have $263 sitting there I need to use, because my wife is paying off the balance and we plan to close the account. My birthday is in 9 days so I may make a trip up there and find something to use up my credit. There is a Sig P320 M17 FCU on Gunchoker I'd love to buy, but I can't use the money attached to my Cabelas card so that isn't happening. I'm seriously considering selling my M70 7mm WSM and turning that into something else since I put together a Bighorn that covers all my bases.

10. rr2030

rr2030

The one in Rapid City is pretty nice, with good inventory, and a store full of upset disappointed employees that still do their best to help a customer, at least last June they were.

11. Someoldguy

Someoldguy Silver $$ Contributor

Cabela's/Bass Pro sure don't seem to be doing anything to slow the disappearance of brick & mortar stores.

12. corsair4360

corsair4360

Not going to travel 60+ miles to the nearest one, not going to their online store any longer, deleted my credit card account.. done with Cabelas. They refused to help with a pair of boots.... If I need stuff local, I go to our local Sportsmans Warehouse which is about 10 minutes from the house.

AJC likes this.
  13. Willie

Willie Silver $$ Contributor

No Cabela's or BPS for me. I plan on using the same companies that I always use, as there are no quality local suppliers near me. I will stay with Powder Valley, Graf, Bruno's, Brownells, Mid West, Southern Precision, Redhawk, etc.

'Freak likes this.
  14. muleman69

muleman69 USMC -1st marine Div. RVN Gold $$ Contributor

Not sure what silly is to you ,but I had no idea is why I ask

rammac likes this.
  15. Papa Charlie

Papa Charlie Gold $$ Contributor

I have a bunch of points, my birthday 10% discount and some gift certificates to use up at Cabela's for a Ruger Precision Rimfire, once I have, I am done with them for good. Will be cancelling my credit card there.

16. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Politicians never write bills. They are presented by special interest groups, then the 'team' decides if it will help the boss get re-elected or not.

Zero333, hogpatrol and Gun Smith like this.
  17. joe12180

joe12180

I don’t see anything implicating Cabelas or Bass Pro. Does anyone have any evidence that implicates them?

18. bobinpa

bobinpa Gold $$ Contributor

Cabelas has been going downhill for years. Bass Pro just helped it along. It's a shame because they used to be ok and they great customer service. I rarely went there for firearms but I have bought a few over the years. What they had going for them was that they had it all. Camping gear, hunting clothes, meat processing etc. The first time I went to Canada on a Moose hunt, I bought a lot from them all in one stop. The last time I went there roughly 2 years ago it was a completely different environment. The people at the gun counter were all basically clueless and nowhere near as friendly as before. The guy in the gunroom was knowledgeable but he was the only one. Other departments were similar and they seemed way understaffed. I don't know if they were just understaffed, uneducated/trained or didn't care but it wasn't a good experience. Maybe it is just a younger less experienced work force....who knows but they are hurting themselves.

Zero333 likes this.
  19. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

I personally think as our political climate keeps changing and not in our favor, supporting diversified big box stores like dick's and unfortunately maybe cabela's and others not in our best interests. By nature and bottom dollar, they are not in gun, gun related items for the long haul. They can do a 180 at the drop of a hat.
    There are some great business's that cater only to the shooting sports, and my coin goes to them.

tac284, Zero333, 'Freak and 1 other person like this.
  20. rr2030

rr2030

In the past, it has been my experience that Cabelas had pretty high quality clothing and was reasonable on most other items. Their customer service has been, and for me still is great. I have never ever been in a Cabelas where I had to look around for an employee to assist me or have they failed to help or answer a question.

Big stores like Dicks, BPS and Cabelas have the $$ and legal means to help us. When they are gone, the smaller gun stores will be easy pray for the Government to pick off, one by one.

I don't mis DSG and am really disappointed about the acquisition of cabelas by BPS. Once upon a time firearms were sold a K-mart, Montgomery Ward, Century wholesale, Sears, Walmart and a bunch of other places. In the end it is a loss for us, like it or not.

riverwolf1, kvd and mike06 like this.