burris scopes?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by FJIM, May 9, 2014.

1. FJIM

FJIM

anyone have any experience with a burris veracity scope in 5-25 x50mm?
    I have a old 8-32 signature that is just a great scope. have shot a lot of .120-.150 5 shot groups with it. but it does not have much adjustments. but I like it. I also have had a few bad experiences with burris before they got bought out. I have been looking at that 5-25 I really like the retical and the price.

2. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer

I have a couple of the newer 4.5-14x Fullfield II's on hunting guns that are nice for the price.. I also have a Black Diamond 8-32x that I feel has very good glass for the price and my only complaint is the available elevation adjustment.. I see the newer scopes have more elevation but I am not sold on the FFP..

Ray

3. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

I just mounted that specific Veracity on a 6.5-47. Out of the box, I like it. Being a FFP crosshair, at the lowest power, the dots and ballistic hash marks, to my eyes, are too small and busy to be of much use. At the higher powers they are fine. Depending on the application, the weight may be an issue (28 oz.)

4. FJIM

FJIM

hogpatrol it would most likely br on high power most of the time. how is the glass? is it clear, have any problems with the windage adjustment?

5. FJIM

FJIM

ray I had a 8-32 black diamond when the first came out, it was blury. sent it back to burris and they lost it.. I had a real time with them. it was before they had got bought out though. the worst service I have ever had bar none.
    my 8-32 signature put that black diamond to shame. I have had a few BR shooters look through that old signature and say what the heck scope is this,cause it's so clear and such a hugh field of view.

6. Raythemanroe

I have a Sightron SIII 10-50x that has good adjustments and resolution is good, But you put both that and my Black Diamond on 32x and it is as clear but has less wash out from the mirage then the Sightron at times.. I would say that is a good comparison..

Ray

7. hogpatrol

Just got back from the range. Shot at 100 yds then 200, 300, 400 and 500 meters & could see the holes in my gray shoot n' see targets easily at 500. The side parallax adjustment worked well. The turrets clicks were well defined. I have to do some more manual reading but I only get 30MOA of vertical adjustment vs. the 64 listed on the website specifications.

8. Raythemanroe

Sounds right in the middle unless you have a 30 moa base

Ray

9. hogpatrol

Ray, Out of the box, the elevation turret was turned clockwise to zero, couldn't be turned anymore. Turning it counter clockwise, it only moved 30 MOA. I need to RTFM! ::)

10. Raythemanroe

Well that's not even in the ballpark as advertised

Ray

11. hogpatrol

::) Duh, the zero stop was set at the mechanical center. According to the directions, loosen up the set screws on the turret, lift and tighten to get more adjustment in the opposite direction so yes it does have elevation movement as advertised. I sighted in at 200 & set the zero stop at that point. I'm good to go now. :p

12. FJIM

FJIM

Thanks hogpatrol.yea i have had a few burris's that have ran out of adjustment. you were scareing me there.
    64moa it 32 up and 32 down so some times depending on mounting after sight in you may only have 20 to 32 up. i will use a 20moa base. so i'm not worried. but seeing the windage is only 30moa thats only 15 in and 15 out so the scope will need to be on straight. that is a problem with my 8-32 if it not on straight you will run out of adjustments before you get it on paper. thanks again for your info on this scope hogpatrol, i'm going to put it on my 6xc sporter rifle that should be done by august. i am aware of the weight. one of the nice things about a pic base is you can have more than one scope set up for it. but i think for most of what i do, we shoot off a bipod it wont be a big problem. but i really like the reticial and power. that is what has had me interested in it. so much can be done with that reticial. i can dial it and moa wind hold off's. I can size things,in a pinch as a rapid moving deer or coyote i can use the hold over marks. ect I have looked at a lot of scope and do not think anything out there that offers the versatility with the power thats not cluttered.