bullets shipping cost

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Spike A, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Spike A

Spike A Silver $$ Contributor

what would be a good estimated shipping cost for a box of bullets? any good idea?

2. mikeinct

mikeinct

Med flat rate USPS is 12 or 13 Dollars...1000 bullets fit easily in those..Mike in CT

3. 50bmg1979

50bmg1979 Silver $$ Contributor

Box of 100 is 7 dollars and some change in a small flat rate box. Usps

4. Spike A

Spike A Silver $$ Contributor

thank you for the reply's

5. damoncali

damoncali Gold $$ Contributor

After USPS flat rate, it goes up sharply. A lot.

6. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

Its cheaper to send multiple flat rates than one box with a few thousand bullets in it shipped by weight

7. Don

Don Gold $$ Contributor

Try this ?? I got a box of 500 …
    USP fiber envelope rapped a round the box and taped tight. $10 ( maybe the online envelopes ) ?

Fed-X Bag will work at the right shipping location ????

Nice Guy

8. RGRobinett

RGRobinett

You'll be hard pressed to beat the USPS Flat Rate Priority shipping: small box (works for small boxes, up to, about 1.5" deep), @ $7.20; medium box $13.65. The medium box, with a little extra armoring, will accommodate up to 2,000 of thirty caliber bullets. For the maximum weight limit, or, indeed, much over 20 Lb., the medium box is poorly constructed/flimsy (my opinion), thus, to prevent loss/damage, my "extra armoring" comment. ;) Insurance - I believe $4.00 per $100 - can dramatically increase the cost. RG

9. ToddKS

ToddKS

USPS flat rate is the way to go. Reinforcement of the box is key. I have cardboard kits that I cut on my table saw that get glued in with construction adhesive and then the box is glued shut and taped. Properly reinforced they do just fine.

The other key is to properly pack the contents so that they do not move around. The box will be thoroughly tumbled by the handling equipment. You have to prepare your shipment for this properly.

mikeinct likes this.