SELLING Brux 6.5x47L

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by JamesnTN, Oct 19, 2019.

Trader History (63)
  1. JamesnTN

JamesnTN Silver $$ Contributor

I have a brand new 8 twist Brux chambered in a 6.5x47L based off my reamer specs with a .294 neck dia and .135 FB

Now here’s the ugly
    Barrel is supposed to fitted for a Bat Model M ACTION, But it screws on one turn and locks up. The muzzle end is also screwed up. There’s like 1/4” gap between end of threads and barrel where there’s suppose to be a thread relief. So Called gun smith screwed that up bad so muzzle brake threads may be 1/2” long and that’s it. Next the brake doesn’t even match dia or barrel otherwise OD of brake is off center to OD of barrel. This barrel is suppose to be finished at 30” but honestly both ends will need to be cut off and redone. The barrel is a 1.250 straight. Also crown on brake has chatter.
    Needless to say I have 710.00 in this cluster F%*@k and yes the gunsmith actually shipped it to me this way. I don’t even know how to price it to be honest so PM me for details and we can discuss pricing.

2. ckaberna

ckaberna Gold $$ Contributor

How long is it now?
    Sorry to hear about your experience.

3. WSMNUT

WSMNUT Gold $$ Contributor

Hey man. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the barrel and whoever chambered it.

Are they not willing to fix their mistake?

Maybe you just don’t want to deal with them again because of how bad of a job they did the first time.

Send me the barrel and action and I’ll do what I can to fix it for you.
    Worst case I cut the tenon off of it and re-chamber it and same for the muzzle which is probably the best thing to do anyways because who knows how true the chamber is to the threads. If it’s 30” now it should finish 28” even if I cut cut off both ends.

No one should have to go through that and lose that much money. Custom barrel/chamber jobs should be a good experience.

It would be best to have the action to make the threads mate perfectly and set the headspace to your bolt/action.

You just pay shipping and I’ll do the work for free.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  4. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

OUTSTANDING!!! Great “Pay it forward!!” You da man!;)

1shot, rangertim and WSMNUT like this.
  5. rangertim

rangertim Gold $$ Contributor

I just sent my Action to Zack for him to true it up ! Glad I did, this speaks volumes about him, anyone that would fix another mans F$&@ up for shipping he gets my vote ! Zack that is very Greatfull !

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    pappaw, Stan Taylor, joehank and 2 others like this.
  6. ckaberna

It isn’t even my barrel and I am saying thank you! Outstanding member.

WSMNUT likes this.
  7. WSMNUT

Thanks, something similar happened to me several years ago when I had my first custom barrel fitted. It didn’t go well and I figured I could screw it up that bad. It wasn’t a pleasant experience to say the least.
    I had the machining experience but not the gunsmith knowledge. I bought some books and asked a lot of questions and the rest just kind of fell in place.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  8. ckaberna

I have been learning all my machining over the past 4 years from “mrpete” on YouTube, I just chambered my first barrel last week and it’s a thrill!! Still breaking it in but soon will know what kind of accuracy is there. I owe this site and folks such as yourself. Thank you all.

WSMNUT and Boatschool02 like this.
  9. WSMNUT

That’s awesome. Congratulations on your first chamber job. You’ll have to put up a separate post with pics.

I agree there’s a lot of knowledge on this site and most are willing to share to help you out.

Donnstar and hpshooter like this.
  10. Bill Norris

Bill Norris Silver $$ Contributor

Hey Bro, That speaks volumes for you and your integrity. You are to be commended and highly favored for stepping up for this gentleman and if needed I will pay for the shipping of the rifle to you.

joehank, 6MMsteve and WSMNUT like this.
  11. WSMNUT

Wow. That’s awesome Bill. I might have to do a little something extra on your 6BR before I send it to you.

Bill Norris likes this.
  12. Bill Norris

Thanks Bro I feel for people who have been done wrong so I'm dang sure willing to help out as well.

WSMNUT likes this.
  13. rangertim

rangertim Gold $$ Contributor

Their you go James ! That is why I love this site ! people helping people or shooters helping shooters I should say !

WSMNUT, Pyscodog and Bill Norris like this.
  14. Pyscodog

Pyscodog

OUTSTANDING WSMNUT!!!!!!!!!! Not many like you left in the world!!!!!!!

15. Bill Norris

Totally agree. This is the best site on the net as far as guns and shooting goes. Some fine people here no doubt.

16. Chris Mackey

Chris Mackey Gold $$ Contributor

I’ll pay the return shipping, PM me the addresses and I’ll email the return label.

rangertim, ckaberna and WSMNUT like this.
  17. Bill Norris

YES WSMNUT PLEASE SEND ME THE AMOUNT OF REQUIRED SHIPPING FEES AND I WILL IMMEDIATELY SEND IT TO U ASAP.

WSMNUT likes this.
  18. WSMNUT

Between @Bill Norris and @savageguy shipping is covered.
    I’ll check my 6.5x47 reamer specs tomorrow. Seems like it’s .294 and .135 freebore too but I can’t remember for sure. The freebore on my reamer May be longer.

Bill Norris likes this.
  19. Bataction

Bataction Silver $$ Contributor

If you are wanting something with a longer throat let me know I have the .167 (.295 neck) and the .188 (.2945) neck reamers I can send you Monday. The .188 is great with the 140 vlds or hybrids. Let me know if you need either.

joshb and WSMNUT like this.
  20. JamesnTN

JamesnTN Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks guys.
    This site and you all are top notch guys. WSMNUT, your offer is much appreciated beyond what words of thanks can even be said. Those that has offered to pay shipping thank you for your offers.
    There’s just not enough that can be said for the kindness and help this site offers. Everyone here is family and that speaks volume in my book.

I myself just need to sell this barrel or toss it as if it got fixed, in my head I’ll never have confidence in the barrel and as you all know if you don’t have confidence in your equipment in benchrest no matter how good it is you’ll never do well. This is one of those times.

Again Thanks to all of you