SELLING Brass Vintage Scope

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by cjkostic, Jan 17, 2020.

Trader History (79)
  1. cjkostic

cjkostic Silver $$ Contributor

For sale is a really nice brass scope that would look great on a muzzle-loader or vintage cartridge rifle. The tube is 3/4" diameter and 32-1/2" long. The only markings on the scope are "4X15 Japan" on the eyepiece. What makes this scope especially interesting are the rings and bases. I have never seen anything like them. Three of the bases are stamped "Leupold" with a patent number. These same three have rounded bottoms for a round barrel or receiver. The other two have flat bottoms, one of which has a male dovetail. All these bases are adjustable for elevation while the rings are adjustable for windage. All in all, a very interesting set-up. Overall the scope is in very good condition with minor ticks and flecking. Screw-in brass lens covers included.

PM me your email for additional photos.

PRICE: $150.00 shipped for scope, rings and bases.

Attached Files:

2. biggun2869

biggun2869 Silver $$ Contributor

They are also adjustable for windage. I had a set on a 7x61 Sharpe & Hart. Can't remember the name of the mfg of the rifle but it was well made. They called these adjusto mounts. My gun had one of the B & L Balvar scopes on it, popular in late 60s early 70s. The 7x61 was predesesser to 7mm Mag designed by Phil Sharpe The main difference was the S & H had a shoulder like Weatherby brass. I had the RCBS dies and a whole cardboard box of brand new Norma brass all in 20 rd boxes. Ahhhhhhhhhh the good ol days of gun shows! Hard telling what you'd come home with. I shot it for a little while, didn't really need it, and sold it I think at Louisville. The brass is probably worth more than I got for all of it but I'm sure I made money or I wouldn't have sold it.

3. biggun2869

biggun2869 Silver $$ Contributor

Your rings & bases are probably worth your price if you run across someone needing 3/4 inch rings and know what they are.

4. cjkostic

$135.00 shipped.

5. cjkostic