brass shortage....here's an idea...

Discussion in 'Big Stuff -- 6.5mm, 7mm, 30 Cal' started by canuck, Sep 6, 2017.

1. canuck

canuck

I think most would agree Lapua makes the best brass and it seems Remington and Winchester has left us reloaders high and dry.
    I would encourage everyone to email lapua. It only takes a minute or two..
    request
    7mm rem mag
    300 win mag
    7mm saum
    300 wsm
    6mm dasher

request others if you wish..
    If they get tons of emails maybe they will produce them...

Zero333 likes this.
  2. vegas

vegas

Sent mine in, here's hoping!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

I tried to get Lapua to make 300 WSM brass for a few years now. I talked to their representatives. I tried telling them how much the BR and F Class guys were using. Instead they keep producing new cartridges that are not going to sell great. One of the newest was 50 BMG. All the match shooters knew RWS and others pretty much had that sewed up. Matt

BOB LEE SWAGGER likes this.
  4. vegas

vegas

Received email back the next day:

"We are currently looking at the 300 Win Mag, and this will probably be our first entry into the belted magnum case world. Once we've done that one, it'll be less of a step to add similar cases such as the 7mm Rem Mag and so on."

Was looking for 7mm RM myself but 300WM would be a step in the right direction.

Zero333 likes this.
  5. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Why is Lapua so slow to change their production line? They've definitely added some catridges over the years, but it's slow and painful.

Hornady brass is NOT the same quality as Lapua, but I gotta say they are always on the ball when something new comes out. Even with their crappy reloading dies. A new cartridge hit's the market and BAM! Hornady is making brass and dies before you've ever seen a rifle with that chambering live and in action on the range. Quite amazing how quickly Hornady attacks every part of the market.

6. mao0720

mao0720 Gold $$ Contributor

I'd be more interested in better BC bullets from lapua, especially heavy 30 cal bullets. The fact of the matter is they offer nothing that is competetive for the FTR shooter.

7. people

people

They are slow because most companies think they need to turn money around instantly.

8. B23

B23

I agree, it would be nice if Lapua offered a larger variety of brass, but as long as they never change their brass quality, I can live with them taking longer to make a greater variety of cases.

sbhooper, Ledd Slinger and LRPV like this.
  9. LRPV

LRPV Jason Walker Gold $$ Contributor

I think you may have answered your own question. Seems it's happened to more than one company in this industry, when they try to do too many things, quality of their bread butter is the first to suffer.

sbhooper and Ledd Slinger like this.