Bore Tech Solvents

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by K22, Sep 12, 2018.

1. K22

K22

Great products and great customer service.

I'm now using C4 and C2 for my rifles and Rim fire Blend for cleaning in of my 38 revolvers in which I shoot a lot of hard cast lead bullets.

Hope they never get brought out or go out of business. Best products I've ever used for cleaning firearms.

PS: I'm not a salesmen, employee or own any interests in the company. I;m just an old shooter who appreciates a product that exceeds expectations. Wife is happy too, always a good thing, since their products are odorless.

Tuxedo007, SPJ, JLT and 8 others like this.
  2. Prose

Prose

Pretty amazed at the fact that they are water based as well. Far safer than other products with far less hazardous materials. Just remember to oil them afterward;)

Stan Taylor likes this.
  3. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

Very Good Cleaning Rods IMO as well. Along with the "Proof-positive" line of attachments (hoops & jags)

4. jim_k

jim_k

I've used them a few years, and couldn't be happier. Especially, it's difficult to find a copper cleaner that actually cleans copper out, and this does so with minimal effort.

jimmymac and Stan Taylor like this.
  5. 47WillysGuy

47WillysGuy Gold $$ Contributor

Is minimal effort from the chemical or combination of brush and chemical?

I’m using Elimintor only.

Stan Taylor likes this.
  6. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer

I have went all Boretech, even switching to the proof positive rods.. Kroil and IOSSO is still a staple though.

Ray

simo hayha, Clancy, 'Freak and 6 others like this.
  7. Steve morgan

Steve morgan

Same here

Clancy likes this.
  8. Prose

Prose

The boretech eliminator has both the copper and carbon chemicals that are available separately, but in order to ensure the chemicals do not counteract each other it is watered down and not a 50-50 mix. For general cleaning the eliminator is fantastic, for carbon or copper problems use the separate products or add a lot more time to the soak with the eliminator.

With the separate, full strength products you can damn near get away with not using a brush, and a nylon brush will do it fine vs metal.

'Freak, Stan Taylor and Rushty like this.
  9. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

Hard to find around here. I am about out of their carbon remover..

10. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter Silver $$ Contributor

Zilla, go on Amazon, they have C4. I got some just last week.

11. SAP

SAP

I use all Bore tech products including their camelian for cleaning.

'Freak likes this.
  12. jim_k

jim_k

For the carbon remover, I use an oversize bronze bristle brush about 15-20 passes, so that's part friction. With the copper remover, if it doesn't come out completely after 10 passes with a nylon bristle brush, I give it another brushing, and let it sit 30-60 minutes. So the copper remover is also the chemical itself.

Edit: Second half of comment originally said carbon, and I meant copper.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor

I always keep plenty of bore tech. C4 around.

Attached Files:

hikfromstik, JLT, SPJ and 6 others like this.
  14. foxguy

foxguy Silver $$ Contributor

Wow Stan. It appears you really like it!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Stan Taylor and hikfromstik like this.
  15. Rushty

Rushty Gold $$ Contributor

Very convenient being able to leave the stuff in Barrel for no set time, let’s me do other things without having to watch the clock..

'Freak, foxguy and perazziguy like this.
  16. Papa Charlie

Papa Charlie Silver $$ Contributor

I use the Cu remover. Works great and I don't have to hear the wife complaining about odors.

17. clunker

clunker Silver $$ Contributor

Yep! I'm a rookie at this, but I quickly discovered that Hoppe's #9 was not doing my barrel justice. Bought some Cu+2, and I could not believe how many blue patches came out of that barrel. Just received some C4 today, and I will probably get some Eliminator for regular maintenance. I had to soak the barrel for a few days with Cu+2 to get all the copper out, and there is nothing better than the peace of mind of "barrel-safe" if you are too busy to have perfect timing.

L W P and Rushty like this.
  18. JMayo

JMayo

I'm gonna be nice to my new barrel. Keep the lans sharp. More soaking, easy on the brushing.
    I think my bore scope pics tell me a story of cleaning abuse.
    I'm not a big fan of bore tech, it's sticky but maybe I'll go at It different. Soak more then rinse better with #9 & kroil.
    I found out that kroil isn't cheap. I'd never paid attention to its cost.

19. snakepit

snakepit Silver $$ Contributor

I had talked to a Bore Tech technician about this and he said they are water based but have chemicals in them to offset any problems this may cause. He said because of this it is not necessary to oil the barrel after cleaning with Bore Tech but if you are not going to shoot it for several weeks after cleaning you might want to run a oil patch through it for storage which is something I have usually done whether a cleaning product is water based or not. I have gone months without oiling the barrel after cleaning with Bore Tech and have never noticed this causing any problems with the barrels when using my Hawkeye Bore Scope to check the barrels.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  20. #40Fan

#40Fan

I peaked down the barrel of a friends 22-250 that he claimed was clean and saw nothing but copper. After just getting some Bore Tech Eliminator, I had to give it a try. Following the directions on the bottle, I had 90% of it out in 10 minutes and used 12 patches. One more cycle and it was spotless. I am truly amazed. Thanks @SPJ for turning me onto it.

SPJ likes this.