Bix vs Jewel

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by WIB3, Aug 30, 2019.

1. TrxR

TrxR

Are any of you using a Bix on a Borden brm? If so does the timing need work?

2. johara1

johara1

I'm using one in a BRMXD..... no issues..... jim

dbduff, Shooter13 and Raythemanroe like this.
  3. jghoghunter

jghoghunter Gold $$ Contributor

I'm using one on a BRM and it works fine.

4. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Using one on a brm, no problem for me.

Tom

5. sdeal5

sdeal5 Gold $$ Contributor

BRMXD. Has been super for 2+ yrs. no timing issues

6. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

I have a Bix'n Andy on a Borden SuperShort Six. He said he expected it would work anyway, but Jim strongly urged me to send in the trigger so he could set timing.

Evan likes this.
  7. TrxR

TrxR

Sending a trigger or anything to them is a major problem when your in Canada. Im just going to go with a Jewel for now.

dgeesaman likes this.
  8. XTR

XTR

A Bix is about an oz lighter. With one of my barrels I can't make weight with a Jewell.

9. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

I was having Jim supply a new action. I suspect he checked it rather than adjusted it.

So to apply that to your situation, Jim would ask you to have the new trigger drop shipped directly to him from the US supplier.

From what I hear elsewhere the new Bixn Andy triggers drop right in without any adjustment.

David

10. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

If you like the B&A Trigger, it is hard to believe you can’t get 1oz of weight off any CF gun.
    Ben

11. TrxR

TrxR

The problem with that is he couldnt ship the trigger to me due to ITAR regulations:( It would have to come through an importer. No big deal though i like the Jewel in my 40x rimfire so i should like it on my borden.

dgeesaman likes this.
  12. XTR

XTR

I like the B&A, but trying to find an oz on an F-TR rifle that is already built with light components in a custom made hardwood stock is in fact hard. When you are already running Ti NF rings and a NF Comp scope and a Joypod there isn't much left to trim. Flutes or taking off an inch is the next step. I make weight by 10 grams with my rain kit, with the ECI removed.

Next barrel should finish 3 oz lighter and give me some more room.

13. Shooter13

Shooter13 Gold $$ Contributor

Good to hear, I have one coming from Speedy..................someday.

dgeesaman likes this.
  14. F Class John

F Class John NRA Life Member Gold $$ Contributor

Just from my experience you won’t slam fire a Bix when set as light as it goes. Can’t say the same about a Jewell. Now, I tend to have a heavy hand on my bolt closing so that matters to me, others have a much lighter touch and may never have a problem.

Also, Bullet Central is amazing with service too. I had bought a used Bix on the forum here, turned out it had an issue when it arrived from the previous owner stripping a screw. I called them and they turned it around fixing it within a week, no questions, no cost even though I saw they replaced several pieces.

They are also as sexy and simple as possible when you open them up or need to clean them (which is almost never in F-Class).

Shooter13 and dgeesaman like this.