Billet Reloading Blocks

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by dabeechman, Nov 24, 2017.

Trader History (12)
  1. dabeechman

dabeechman Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks Sean, here is your 55rd'er. 20180108_145854.jpg

thekriebles and NorCalMikie like this.
  2. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

How cool it that??:cool::cool: Nothing but FIRST CLASS!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    nakneker likes this.
  3. tn6br

tn6br Silver $$ Contributor

How much is a 55 rounder for a ppc?

4. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

dabeechman likes this.
  5. dabeechman

When I get some time (maybe soon due to the heavy storm rolling in) I'll make a new thread with pictures and pricing for all the different sizes.

Oh and thanks Sean. Appreciate it.

nakneker likes this.
  6. dabeechman

Thanks again Mike, that was so nice of you. If any of you make a living with tooling, contact Mike. He's a great guy and really hooked me up. We still need to figure out how to make it right sir.

1911mag likes this.
  7. remdog

remdog

Sent you a P.M.

8. Sniper338

Sniper338 Silver $$ Contributor

Tag.. I have a 308 block, I need a 20 vartarg/223 size, and 338 lapua size in aluminum blocks. The weight of the block is so much nicer over plastic that slides around on the bench top.

9. dabeechman

I also put 3M rubber feet on the bottom of them to keep them from sliding around on the bench. I'll message you about details.

10. dabeechman

For those that follow this, or care to give your input, I have a question for you.

If I were to have these anodized (a color we can all agree upon...black, orange, red, blue, etc.) and have them laser engraved, would it be worth a few extra bucks (waiting on RFQ's on anodizing currently)?

The laser is about 10k, so it is a substantial expense, but it would allow me to turn these out a lot faster.

Or is the way I am doing things now good by all of you?

Thanks,
    Sonny

11. 1911mag

1911mag

67F83F54-A78E-49CD-B2C7-BBB0E8908CDE.jpeg I just got mine today for F Class, 22 rounder. Picture posted earlier. My opinion reach out to local business on anodizing as my experience is costs go down with volume. Throw some numbers out and see if people would be willing to pay for it. And mentioned laser for engraving at that expense just to have lettering cleaner is not worth the investment unless other parts you can run in volume to pay for it. The product right now is worth the price. Lots of other tools to improve lettering quality if that is what your after. Honestly I would spend some money on tooling to improve finish surfaces to get closer to the mirror image. And by all means I am happy with the finish product so that is not meant to be negative. Attached is a 22 rimfire holder I had machined and took time to wet sand it to mirror finish.

12. dabeechman

Thanks Mike, the purpose is 2 fold. The anodize of course makes them scratch resistant, and the other is that I can run 20 of each caliber size and have them anodized. Then when one is ordered, I can engrave them as they are ordered and send them out the door. Same day type service.

As it stands now, I have to wait for orders to come in since most are custom engraved so I can't stock them on the shelf.

I'm working on a better face mill ;)

13. NorCalMikie

Got mine today. Sooner than expected.:) Hard to tell the actual size by a photo but if I had thought about it more, I "may have" had it made in a 50 round configuration, rather than a 25 BUT, the Custom Made 25 rounder is BEAUTIFUL!! Mine is the 20 MGM block.;)
    And twice the price would have been well worth it. Thanks Sonny for the First Class service AND the "VERY COOL" loading block. Mikie likes it!!:D:D

dabeechman and thekriebles like this.
  14. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

I just recieved my second loading block from Sonny. I liked the first so much I asked him for a 55 round 223 block. 5 star product, it’s one those items you like to leave out on the bench instead of stashed away in a drawer. Thanks again for a very nice product. I probably should get a 338 Lapua 55 rounder too.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    NorCalMikie and thekriebles like this.
  15. NorCalMikie

I just ordered another one but this time a 50 rounder.:cool::D

16. Carden260

Carden260 Silver $$ Contributor

PMed interested

17. dabeechman

Yeah, I leave my 100 rounder all over the place. Definitely guilty of that...haha.

nakneker likes this.
  18. Dub

Dub Gold $$ Contributor

I have 2 from you so far. They are great just like you do them.

dabeechman likes this.
  19. NorCalMikie

The "rubber feet" are VERY NICE. What about a flat 50 rounder for rimfire rounds? They can be a PITA to pick out of the box, one at a time. A nice block loaded with rounds "rim up" would make ammo loading pretty nice? About the size of a 25 round block without the bullet tray?:)

I still think your "custom made" billit reloading blocks are one of the best things going. A little BLING never hurt any one. And with one on them sitting on your bench, just makes you want to clean up the rest of the area.;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    nakneker likes this.
  20. dabeechman

I'll be making a few of those in 50 and 100rd variants this week Mike for a few other gentlemen. I'll be sure to post a couple pictures.

I destroyed my case guard/caddy/box (whatever you want to call them) today and since everything I make is out of some immediate necessity, I am going to design and build a billet ammo box. It'll be sealed, so it will be water/dust resistant and hopefully light enough to be practical.

thekriebles likes this.