Best Trigger for a Savage 10 GRS

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by Stan George, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Stan George

Stan George

Got this gun home... Need a quick trigger upgrade.. Recommendations?

2. Stan George

Stan George

Savage 10 GRS. This is the new gun with the Norwegian tactical stock. Will the RIFLE BASIX - SAVAGE 10/110 SAV-2 MATCH TRIGGER at Brownell's fit in this gun? Anyone recommend something else?

3. milanuk

milanuk Team Savage Gold $$ Contributor

There's nothing wrong with the factory trigger. That's my recommendation.

But if you insist, yes, any trigger for a savage short action accutrigger model will work. There is nothing unique about the GRS in that regard.

savagedasher and Ggmac like this.
  4. Ggmac

Ggmac

Std accu trigger is good . What are your goal and expectations ? The other aftermarket triggers lack the safety blade , shooting bench only is the time
    I could recommend the aftermarket triggers WHEN SET TO THEIR LIGHTEST SETTING .
    Any parts that fit a bottom release short action will fit yours .

Dgd6mm likes this.
  5. TxGnRnr

TxGnRnr Gold $$ Contributor

I put a Timney trigger on my Savage 10 BA Stealth. No, it does not have the safety blade, but that is a pro in my book. I hated the way the safety blade felt on my trigger finger.

6. Zero333

Zero333 Gold $$ Contributor

I have a Timney on one of my Savages, a tuned (stoned, polished, etc) non-accutrig on another and a polished accutrigger on another. The rest of my Savages have the standard accutrigger which are nice too.

They all are nice but the original non-accutrigger is the nicest because it was FREE !!! Savage non-accutriggers are extremely simple to work on.

Timney is great but below 2 lbs I do not recommend.

The polished accutrigger that also has a lighter spring is nice and light.

I wish someone made a 2-stage trigger for Savage but that would be a very tall order considering how close the trigger is to the rear pillar.

My favorite trigger is my Timney 2-stage Calvin Elite on my R700.