BEST RELOADING PRESS

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by AckleyImproved, Jan 15, 2006.

1. AckleyImproved

AckleyImproved

Hi

In peoples minds, what is the best reloading press?

Its time to get another for me!!

Cheers
    AI

2. Ogre6br

Ogre6br

HI
    I like and use an old rockchucker.

Haven't used anything else besides a partner press and as Dillon 550 for about 10 minutes.

What do you want it for??
    Volume or precision??

later
    P

3. chuckw2

chuckw2

AI,
    If I were only going to have one press, it would be a Rockchucker hands down. I also have a Partner press that I use some of the time, it is very easy to take to the range. I also have a Sinclair arbor press that I use for seating bullets.

All of these have served me well for many years.

Chuck

4. JHardy

JHardy

I have owned or still own about a dozen preses ranging from the Redding Ultra Mag to arbor presses. By far, the best press I have ever owned is the Forster C0-AX, which I have had for over 35 years. If I had only one press, the C0-AX would be it.

I also love my Ultramag -- much stronger than the other Redding or RCBS presses, with great primer collection .

Jim Hardy

5. Bobs243Ackley

Bobs243Ackley

I have used a Forster CO-AX for the last 27 years and would not trade it for any other type of 7/8"-14 die press. It has taken punishment that other presses would simply not survived, with some of the case forming chores that have been asked of it.

Cordially,
    Bob Blaine

6. ReedG

ReedG Site $$ Contributor

I'm going to opt in here as low man on the totem pole. I have vacillated around for several years with various RCBS and Redding presses, but still keep coming back to the lowly Lee Turret Press. I know it's considered by most as a piece of junk, but I don't do heavy-duty case forming, though I think it would. Now Lee has announced a new cast-iron "Classic" version,which MidSouth has in stock) and I have mine on order. I really like the way the turrets work and are quickly changed.

Good luck on your decision ... ReedG

7. AckleyImproved

AckleyImproved

Thanks for the reply!!

I want a press for precision work.... SO whats the best? Im using a Redding Boss at the moment, and would like to get one that is more accurate.

Cheers
    AI

8. chuckw2

chuckw2

Ackley Improved,

Sounds like you need to use Wilson Hand Dies and an Arbor press.

Chuck

9. Mark Walker in TX

Mark Walker in TX Site $$ Contributor

Harrells Precision are hard to beat...

www.harrellsprec.com

10. chuckw2

chuckw2

Ditto what Texas ranger said, Linwood Harrell makes a super press as does Charlie Hood. Check with both people, I have a Hood very slick.

Chuck

11. Shooter32

Shooter32

Check out the Harrell's and also look at the new press that Sinclair just came up with it looks really nice