Best range finder to buy

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by jacksaligari, Sep 2, 2018.

1. calib

calib

Thanks!

2. calib

calib

Will report back on how it works out the sale and then optic if it comes

Ccrider likes this.
  3. Beltfire

Beltfire

sig 2200 is the best rangefinder i've used. It's very fast and instant readings. Light. 6x magnificationng angle compensation. Good for price.
    Perfect as long as you are ranging 1500 yards

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  4. Idaho-45

Idaho-45

Any more info/reviews on the Leica 2400r ??? I've been very curious about these?????

5. Rogmay

Rogmay Gold $$ Contributor

Can’t tell you about the Leica 2400, but I just bought the 2700, only played with it a little up bow hunting this weekend, but sitting in a chair on the lake I was able to range up to 2350yrds just buy holding in my hand on trees across the lake. I was considering the Sig2200, still think it’s a good unit, but the Leica 2700 glass blows it away, and out ranges it as well, I know it’s double the money, but... Looking forward to ranging antelope in 2-weeks to see how far it’ll range game, which is another reason I bought it. I also have a 10 year old Leica 1200 that still works great, which is now my sons. Just did the buy once cry once and hope it serves me as well as my 1200!

6. micmac

micmac

On the cheap Nikon 4K , if you need more go for leica 2700 , buying for keeps Terrapin X

Sig Sauer kilos are kinda junk vary conisderably unit to unit , not o mention those plastic lenses have considerable fisheye to them.

tested about 15 different LRFs have gone trough buying 5 LRFs in 2years now on Terrapin X and am a happy camper

7. DanConzo

DanConzo

Micmac- Did you test the Leica 2000, if so how did it compare?

8. boltfluter

boltfluter

I have been running the Sign Kilo 2400 with on board Applied Ballistics app for 2 yrs now. It has a 5 yr warranty and is made in Oregon. So far it is working great. Very fast and easy to read info.:D:D

Paul

swd likes this.
  9. eternium66

eternium66

Why don't you try a https://www.atncorp.com/range-finder? They are far more precise than regular ones. Since I upgraded to laser I couldn't be happier with my choice. If you need a new spin on it, give it a go.

10. FJIM

FJIM

I guess it really depends on what you want to do with it. I have a Lica 1200 RM I have had it around 10 Years and it has out performed most others in the field. Just yesterday we were hunting and looked across and glassed a far hill side and my buddy said that is a ways off. I clicked it 1087 Yards. It has always worked and my buddy has a Lica 1600. If your hunting how far are you going to shoot, 1000 Yards ? mine has always worked and I have seen a few 1200's sell used for like $250.00 I told my buddy you are not getting mine for that. I really can't remember I think I payed 699.00 or 799.00 for it like 10 years ago...It's small has always ranged out to 1200 Yards and I have had it pick up a little further sometime. Guy's bitched about them in the fog, well when it was foggy enough that you could see about 200 yards it did not work but why do you need a range finder to shoot 200 yards. I think play with what you want but you can not beat the Lica Range Finders. There may be 2 or 3 better out there but I doubt you would be disappointed in a Lica.
    I also had a G7 BR2500 I bought it in the spring used it all year and hunted with that fall, I loved it but was big and bulky. but worked great. I kind of needed to liquidate a few items for cash and it was on the list of things I could do with out so I sold it. BUT you are not getting that Lica 1200 of me for 800 bucks, Just how I feel about it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 6:19 AM