Berger B14 HMR

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by ranger3, Aug 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ranger3

ranger3

Just got one of these in 22 250, seems to throw a flier regularly. Talked to customer service but didn't get any comfort other than to try Nosler Varmegeddon ammo. That is what they use for accuracy testing. I'm very dissappointed in both the rifle and customer service. So far my groups are in the 1.5 moa or more. See what Nosler ammo does. Has anyone else had this experience?

2. ranger3

ranger3

Shot the Varmageddon, 2 inch at 100yds. Returned and exchanged it. See how it goes with this one.

3. ranger3

ranger3

Well the new one is somewhat better, but not a keeper useing factory ammo. Shoots about 1 moa. goimg to try.to develop a load for it and see how it goes.

4. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

Man when my buddy sees this thread, he gonna say don't buy that Bergara B14 HMR.

5. ranger3

ranger3

Hasn't been a good experience so far. If I can't get this one to shoot, it'll be my last one.

6. JBT

JBT Gold $$ Contributor

I had a B14 HMR in .308. I usually don’t fool around much with factory rifles. The Bergara I had confirmed my reasons for not owning many factory rifles. It would not shoot anything under 1.5”. When I sold it I explained to the buyer that the gun would not shoot accurately.

7. misfire

misfire

Any theories on what the weak link is that makes them so inaccurate

8. ranger3

ranger3

IMO the action is not as smooth as it could/should be. There have been issues with bolt shrouds as well. The barrels are easy to clean, but in general there are many issues that I won't get into now. Maybe later I will. At this point I really regret the purchase, it was oversold bt the sales person imo.