Berger 6.5 130 VLDH

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by JamesnTN, Nov 2, 2018.

1. JamesnTN

JamesnTN

anyone know what’s up with Berger? I’m needing somebody 130 VLDH 6.5’s and I’ve tuned over every stone I can think of locating some with no luck.

2. stacy

stacy 2 TIMOTHY 2 VERUS 15 Silver $$ Contributor

THEY HAVE BEEN HARD TO FINE FOR ME ALSO OVER A YEAR NOW

JamesnTN likes this.
  3. dibbs

dibbs Silver $$ Contributor

I believe I had heard that they moved their manufacturing facility, so perhaps got behind on production?

4. Kurz

Kurz

It's a long, sad story of greed mostly.

The short version is that Nammo Group purchased Berger bullets, which already owned Lapua and Vihtavuori.

Then Berger decided to move the entire company back to Arizona where they originated. The move was never handled correctly since their plan forgot to put into motion the process to increase any stock pile of bullets to cover the time period when they were down because of the move. For over a year many of the distributors and large clients went without the most popular bullet designs and weights. They (Berger) simply stated that it would be up to 90 more days before shipping started... then 90 more days... then 90 more days. Eventually some product actually got back into the supply line but others still linger with no indication of availability.

Idaho-Lefty, J Fogg and boltfluter like this.
  5. wi50shooter

wi50shooter

Yep, I'll use up my 140's and switch to jlk's or something that is available. Finding 140's has been a joke since I've been shooting them 8 years ago..

6. sdean

sdean Gold $$ Contributor

Berger has sold more bullets for their competitors than anyone could have imagined. Has to be worst coordinated move in the history of anything. It finished my move to customs and Sierra. It will be a good while before I buy a Berger bullet again.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Idaho-Lefty and 270WinDude like this.
  7. JamesnTN

JamesnTN

The 140’s seem very plentiful. It’s the 130’s that have become unattainable.

8. Pigdog

Pigdog

yall think its bad over there here in Australia there are 2 importers of Berger bullets. Berger seems to only send an order once every 18months, they sell out in a day and if your not on the internet on that day that they arrive bad luck you wait another 18 months!!!

Surely the CEO of Berger should be looking at building a second manufacturing plant as they obviously cannot keep up with the demand.

9. Kurz

Kurz

It wouldn't be the CEO of Berger anyway since it's a mega-corporation which owns them. It would have to go through all of their layers in order to become a viable project.

Regards.

10. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Hello Berger Boys, any update on availability and progress on the relocation?

11. Deton8tor

Deton8tor Silver $$ Contributor

Occasionally I shoot around 3 guy's that own a gun supply business in my area. In early spring I tried to find some Berger's for my 30's. One of the business partners was told by his Berger sales rep that he may want to find another bullet to carry/sell. I have yet to be able to get 6mm's either. So, I went back to my original Scenar load. They are wonderful bullets, and I can find them.

12. albarnhart

albarnhart

13. cpalka

cpalka

They have just been restocked in the Applied Ballistics Store

14. seymour fish

seymour fish

Wi50, the JLK’s are better in my rifle. Go for it

15. Kurz

Kurz

And now it seems that Nosler has joined up with the Berger Business plan because they are out of 6.5mm Accubonds across the entire U.S. I found some in Canada but they refused to ship to the U.S. I sure would like to know which School of Business these folks attended.:eek: Nosler rep says they underestimated the demand...:rolleyes:

Idaho-Lefty likes this.
  16. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

They did the same thing with 26 and 28 Nosler. Brought out the cartridges and rifles and then you couldn't get brass. They need to hire the guys from Hornady. They know marketing.

Bc'z likes this.
  17. STOMP442

STOMP442 Gold $$ Contributor

OP, I'm not sure exactly how many I have as I am at work right now but I have a partial box of 130's. My rifles all seem to prefer the 140's. I will gladly ship your way just pay it forward. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Idaho-Lefty and mikecr like this.
  18. deadidarren

deadidarren

More like 10 mins after getting the email they here

19. CKshooter

CKshooter Silver $$ Contributor

Bruno's had 130's for like a day early this week. Just got a box of 130 vldt yesterday at brownells. I think they're starting to filter back into circulation but sure is a slow process.

20. Kurz

Kurz

For the first time in the history of reloading, manufacturers are using a model which guarantees that their products sell out.

Run the supply line dry, while promoting all the cases and bullets you sell then don't fill that supply line until everyone is begging for components. They will monitor the complaints and moaning through their social media employee. Then release just enough so that the products sell out within a few days. The number of people hoarding is going up on a daily basis because of this model, which is why the model works. Fear of not having an intact and filled supply line feeds the buying frenzy. We can't get what we want when we want it so folks hoard when the components become available.

Release bullets which fail the advertised goals after another manufacturer fields a better one. Then postpone the re-design and release, driving the shooters crazy with lust for the better bullets. Again the result is, hoarding. But the difference is that this part of the model forces us, the buyers, into a 'spreading the wealth' model since we are left to find whatever is available to use as a substitute. Bullets, powder and cases we might not consider otherwise, get previewed and purchased to fill the void.

The good side of this is that we are seeing an influx of new manufacturers to try to help fill in the gaps. Brass makers, bullet designers/makers, improvements in powder characteristics.