Berger 6.5 130 VLDH

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by JamesnTN, Nov 2, 2018.

1. JamesnTN

JamesnTN

anyone know what’s up with Berger? I’m needing somebody 130 VLDH 6.5’s and I’ve tuned over every stone I can think of locating some with no luck.

2. stacy

stacy 2 TIMOTHY 2 VERUS 15 Silver $$ Contributor

THEY HAVE BEEN HARD TO FINE FOR ME ALSO OVER A YEAR NOW

JamesnTN likes this.
  3. dibbs

dibbs Silver $$ Contributor

I believe I had heard that they moved their manufacturing facility, so perhaps got behind on production?

4. Kurz

Kurz

It's a long, sad story of greed mostly.

The short version is that Nammo Group purchased Berger bullets, which already owned Lapua and Vihtavuori.

Then Berger decided to move the entire company back to Arizona where they originated. The move was never handled correctly since their plan forgot to put into motion the process to increase any stock pile of bullets to cover the time period when they were down because of the move. For over a year many of the distributors and large clients went without the most popular bullet designs and weights. They (Berger) simply stated that it would be up to 90 more days before shipping started... then 90 more days... then 90 more days. Eventually some product actually got back into the supply line but others still linger with no indication of availability.

boltfluter likes this.
  5. wi50shooter

wi50shooter

Yep, I'll use up my 140's and switch to jlk's or something that is available. Finding 140's has been a joke since I've been shooting them 8 years ago..

6. sdean

sdean Silver $$ Contributor

Berger has sold more bullets for their competitors than anyone could have imagined. Has to be worst coordinated move in the history of anything. It finished my move to customs and Sierra. It will be a good while before I buy a Better bullet again.

270WinDude likes this.
  7. JamesnTN

JamesnTN

The 140’s seem very plentiful. It’s the 130’s that have become unattainable.

8. Pigdog

Pigdog

yall think its bad over there here in Australia there are 2 importers of Berger bullets. Berger seems to only send an order once every 18months, they sell out in a day and if your not on the internet on that day that they arrive bad luck you wait another 18 months!!!

Surely the CEO of Berger should be looking at building a second manufacturing plant as they obviously cannot keep up with the demand.

9. Kurz

Kurz

It wouldn't be the CEO of Berger anyway since it's a mega-corporation which owns them. It would have to go through all of their layers in order to become a viable project.

Regards.

10. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Hello Berger Boys, any update on availability and progress on the relocation?

11. Deton8tor

Deton8tor Silver $$ Contributor

Occasionally I shoot around 3 guy's that own a gun supply business in my area. In early spring I tried to find some Berger's for my 30's. One of the business partners was told by his Berger sales rep that he may want to find another bullet to carry/sell. I have yet to be able to get 6mm's either. So, I went back to my original Scenar load. They are wonderful bullets, and I can find them.

12. albarnhart

albarnhart

13. cpalka

cpalka

They have just been restocked in the Applied Ballistics Store