BENCH SHOOTER = NEED BIPOD

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by schooner, Jan 12, 2018.

1. schooner

schooner

Hi Guys
    I'm new to bench shooting, got most of my shooting gear. However, I'm lost as to what type of bipod I need to buy. I know want one that stationary.
    Can you give me your experiences and opinion on which is the best within $125.00

THANKS GUYS
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    Schooner :cool:

2. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome to the forum, schooner. Most Benchrest shooters use a front rest. For the $125, you can get an entry level Caldwell or Bald Eagle. Check the sales forum here and other sites. Google them and look for the deals. I still have my Caldwell. Before I got it, I shot off a Harris bipod for a couple years. Good luck.
    IMG_1548.PNG

jimmymac likes this.
  3. LHSmith

LHSmith

jimmymac likes this.
  4. GSPV

GSPV A failure to plan is a plan for failure. Gold $$ Contributor

Oh, man. A bipod is great when you have to be mobile. If you are shooting off a bench, get a bench rest. Simple. Nothing better.

5. sawcarver

sawcarver Silver $$ Contributor

If you are looking for a true bipod a Harris S-BRM is the way to go. it's a 6-9" notch leg bipod that swivels, it works from a bench and for field shooting.

However if all of your shooting is done from a bench a front rest like suggested above will be more stable

JRS, dogdude and joshb like this.