BAT DS cocking on closing

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by Curious, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Curious

Curious

I have recently received my first two BAT DS actions which I plan to run with the following Bix n Andy triggers

https://bulletcentral.com/product/b...mpetition-trigger-no-safety-with-sear-insert/

Im finding that even when using the trigger hanger marked 0 bolt closure is not smooth and there is that notch or click that indicates Im still getting some cocking on closure. It seems to me that I heed the trigger to be moved forward further?

I appreciate I could modify the cocking piece but I can't say Im keen to start removing material if there is an alternative like maybe an adjustable trigger hanger of some other workaround out there?

Can anyone offer some advice please?

ps To avoid any confusion I have the trigger hanger oriented correctly, markings 10, 20 or 30 just make everything worse than 0.

2. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

There wont be any easy fix if you have the 0 in there. I do not care for the short pin fall Bats come with, I time them to increase the fall and get a smooth close, but aside from doing that I would leave some cock on close to get the fall. You wont be cutting that cocking piece with a file either, very hard. I use a carbide end mill, you can use a diamond file if you are careful to maintain the angle.

3. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

The last bix I bought that had the adjustable sear needed to have the sear reversed. My guess is your pin fall will measure incredibly short set up the way you described. Recomend flipping it around to match a non adjustable model, and go from there.

Tom

4. Curious

Curious

Sorry Tom, I linked to the wrong trigger - I have the one without the adjustable sear, Rem 700 Comp Benchrest. Thanks for your thoughts though :)

5. johara1

johara1

Tom is right on you will pick up.020+ with the adj. sear bar. mine is .223 now ..... Jim