Bart's new 6mm 105 gr. Rebated BT bullet

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by JDMock, Jul 31, 2015.

1. JDMock

JDMock

At the past SS Bart gave me some of his new 6mm 105 gr. bullets to test. After putting on my Brux 6mm barrel on my rifle, I loaded 11 rounds to test. This barrel has always favored 32.5 grains of Varget, so I loaded all 11 with that charge. After finding the jam length I seated 3 at .030, 3 @ .015 off and 3@ .005 off. I also shot 2, 3-shot groups that featured another load and bullet that was left over from an earlier 600 yard match. The conditions were good today with a mild quartering tail wind and hot sticky weather. As you can see in the photo, all three loads shot well and I don't know which is " best". I do know that Bart has a winner with this new bullet. James Mock

Attached Files:

djporter and 22BRGUY like this.
  2. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

I have also had excellent success with my 6 Dasher with 32.2 gn Varget and the Bart's 105 gn. bullet with multiple 5 and 10 shot 100 yd groups under 1/4 MOA....one 5 shot group at 1/8 MOA.

BartsBullets likes this.
  3. TAJ45

TAJ45 Silver $$ Contributor

I have some of his 6- gr bullets but haven't shot any yet. I went to his web sight and found some info to be MIA. Two flavors had no wgt listed and there was no mention of any 6mm heavies for sale. I did check behind every box to see if they had a blurb as to availability and price......nada.

4. JDMock

JDMock

We had our monthly 600 yard match today and Bart's new bullets did not disappoint. As a matter of fact, they have 2 wins in 2 attempts. The first win was with my Dasher and 32.0 gr. of Varget in a Bartlein GT barrel. Today, I shot 32.5 gr. Varget and an 8 twist Brux barrel. The weather today was not conducive to shooting high scores....HOT, w/ switching head wind of varying velocity. There were 36 shooters in attendance and I won with a 189/3X score. This does not seem like a good score, but the mirage was as bad as I have seen at this range. I think Bart has a winner with these new bullets. James Mock

5. djporter

djporter Silver $$ Contributor

Good post, are there any other shooters willing to post results and loads?

6. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

Me and bart shot them all week. Shot very nice groups. Lots of people using and winning with them but not a lot of people publicly talking about them. Thank you for your support for both us and barts bullets over the years mr mock. Youre a great tester and great shooter.

7. Cakes

Cakes

Dusty-
    I had promised you a review after I had put them thru the paces and here it is. For those of you that over-analyze and get anal about numbers...these measurements are with "MY" equipment (nice stuff & calibrated) and done to the best of "MY" ability, Absorb the info any way you'd like it's FYI type of stuff. I have 2 separate lots, one quite early and the other June/2015. Very slight differences in the lots but both shot VERY well right out of the box. All sampling was random @ 20% of lot. Lot 1: OAL-1.238-1.245, weight-105.08-106.16, shank as advertised-.2430, pressure ring-.2432, base to ogive measured on a "JB" ogive comparator- all within .003 (my ref.# .0010-.0013) Lot 2; OAL-1.241-1.242, weight-104.82-104.98, shank as advertised-.2430, pressure ring slightly smaller @ .2431, base to ogive on "JB" within .0025 (ref.# .0017-.0020) about 7 thou. longer than earlier lot. Meplats on both lots are approx. 15% larger than Ber. 105vld's. For comparison my "JB" reference # for the vld's lot#6456 is .0039, considerably longer than the Barts. Now for the fun stuff..testing. Initial tests done on 6SLR but speeds and time constraints led to inconclusive data. Switched to Dasher and Varget and RL-15, primers tested were 450's. Tula SRM's and Rem 71/2 BR's. Settled on Varget, 450's, and 2935'. Under "perfect" conditions will hold about half the x-ring vertically. Good enough for me. Have pitted the Bart 105 vs the Berger 105vld (orange box) numerous times @ 600 f-class in all kinds of conditions. Both are capable of shooting tiny groups with great vertical but the vld's take some prep work and all Bart's are loaded right out of the box. I am very impressed with that fact and also the ES's using Varget and 450's which has NEVER exceeded 7'/sec with about 100 rounds thru a Oehler at the range. Score wise the Barts usually beat out the vld's but one never gets the same conditions relay to relay. Since using the Barts I have set PR's with numerous 200-15x and several with 17x. My clean count has gone way up and this is with bullets loaded right out of the box. Last weekend shot a 796-48x which also was a PR and no points dropped to vertical, just poor wind/mirage calls. Long and lengthy review, each person can do their own "cost analysis" for these bullets and use this info anyway they see fit..remember its FYI stuff. Bottom line; The Bart 105's shoot VERY well in my Dasher right out of the box and I'm happy with them. Eric in DL

Mulligan and 22BRGUY like this.
  8. Dusty Stevens

Thank you eric. Very nice testing and report! As with all custom bullets load from the same box. If you need more than 1k the same order more at the same time and they will match or just start a new box on another target. Once again thanks for your business!

9. DanSavage

DanSavage

I have been testing Bart's 105's recently and have had very good results. I am amazed at how well they shoot in my 6 br. With 30gr. of Varget, the gun is a one hole'r. My friend shot this 7 shot group at 200 yards that measures .210.

[​IMG]

Yesterday I went out with the same load with totally different condition's to confirm and shot these. There is another 5 shot group on a shoot and see junk target that was 1/4" 5 shots.

[​IMG]

Will need more once I get my taxes done LOL.

Big thanks to Bart and Co.!

BartsBullets likes this.
  10. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY Silver $$ Contributor

OK...I'm interested....where to buy them? couldn't find them listed on the site
    Thanks

11. Dusty Stevens

Just call. No online ordering anyway. They love to talk to the customers

Zero333, DanSavage and 22BRGUY like this.
  12. Gabe22BR

Gabe22BR Gold $$ Contributor

How's about just dropping by??? It's on my way to Whittakers.....

13. JDMock

JDMock

After shooting the new Bart 105 RBT for a while, I have found a great load for my Dasher. It consists of 32.8 gr. of Varget with the bullet seated to jump about .005. I shot this load in my Brux 8 twist barrel yesterday at our monthly 600 yard match and set a new range record with it (197/2x out of 200 possible). James Mock New Range Record 005.JPG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    BartsBullets, USMCDOC and 370bc like this.
  14. MTSLW

MTSLW Silver $$ Contributor

What BC are you guys using for the 105 and 103? Thanks!

15. Cburlette

Cburlette

The 105 is listed by AB as .257 G7.

Craig

MTSLW likes this.
  16. MTSLW

MTSLW Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks!