Barts 105 hammer testing

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by tom, Jul 16, 2018.

1. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

After @BartsBullets set his 600 yard record group with the 105 hammer, I got him to send me a handful. After dragging my feet a couple months I finally got around to doing a rough powder tune and rough seating depth tune. I was way behind the 8 ball in light gun through our first 8 matches, so I decided to shoot them in light gun 1000 yard matches 9 and 10 last weekend at deep creek. I wasn't fully fine tuned by any means so I was trying 3 different(slightly) loads throughout the matches.

Light gun Saturday target 1 was "load A" and they shot a 4.317" 50 score. Conditions were pretty good, but one shot slipped up a tad for a bit of vertical.

Light gun Saturday target 2 was "load B", and they shot a 3.485" 50 score. Conditions had deteriorated and I was pretty impressed how they were holding up in the sighter period, even though I was shooting what I perceived to to let downs and pick ups, they held pretty good.

Sunday target 1 was load A again, and it shot a 3.639" 47 score. I was limited to 3 sighters and conditions were pretty tough already on this relay.

Sunday I tried "load C" on light gun target 2. Conditions were ugly, but this load did drop a shot at 6 o'clock for a 5.535" 49 score.

I had some "load A" left over, and Cody was out of ammo. So Sunday I had him shoot them on his target 2 heavy and target 2 light. Both of which were pretty hideous conditions, and they shot a 5.745" 98 in hvy and a 5.439" 49 score in light. I only had enough for him to shoot 2 sighters for each of those targets, and he still found the middle.

My general impression is positive after not spending much time with tuning. I believe I can get them to shoot smaller in good conditions, but I was impressed how they performed when it got ugly. Overall I would say this is a bullet to have on your shelf along with your vapor trails.

P.S. I have no idea how they sort because I didn't sort any. I did however feel they needed a nose job so I trimmed and kissed them.

Tom

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

I would love to get my hands on "some" of them!

3. AlloyTargets

AlloyTargets Site $$ Sponsor

You colored the tips so pretty, I thought you were shooting A-Maxes. LOL.

4. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Silver $$ Contributor

Did you at least buy them a beer first?

5. Ga. Dawg

Ga. Dawg Gold $$ Contributor

Oh hell, say it ain’t so.

6. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

No way man, not when it's just the tip!

Tom

Jdne5b, alinwa, JBT and 6 others like this.
  7. alinwa

alinwa

I swear.....you set this whole thread up just for this punchline din'cha????

8. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

darn,he's good,,