Barrel Temperature Strips now available

Discussion in 'Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors' started by bsumoba, Sep 30, 2016.

1. bsumoba

bsumoba Silver $$ Contributor

BarrelCool is now selling barrel temperature strips. Ever wonder what the barrel temperature is? Don't guess and get one of these. Simply stick on your barrel and when used in conjunction with BarrelCool, help prolong barrel life and increase accuracy.

We sell them individually or in packs of 10

1 each for $1.99 each plus postage.
    10 for $15.99 plus postage.

www.barrelcool.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. DennisH

DennisH Life Time NRA member Silver $$ Contributor

3. M-61

M-61 "Quis Separabit" Silver $$ Contributor

Nice guide. But what is the temperature that is considered to be TOO hot or where one should stop shooting and allow for a cool down. I have not run across a scale that gives these temps. (yet)
    Also are these temps (wherever they are given) allow for barrel diameter?
    I've never done it but I would be surprised if 140° could not be reached just sitting on the bench in the hot June-July sun without being shot.

4. M-61

M-61 "Quis Separabit" Silver $$ Contributor

The link provided as I read it, merely tells you when your barrel reaches 140°.....is that considered the point to stop?

5. bsumoba

No, it merely tells you your barrel is very hot. 140 degree outside barrel temp is almost too hot to touch. That means the inside bore temperature is around 300+ degrees F. That is very hot for a barrel and if shot many times up to this temperature, will no doubt decrease barrel life and most likely reduce accuracy.

On my F-Class rifle with a 1.25" diameter straight barrel, I have just gotten it to below 140 degrees F in a 25 shot string during a 1,000 yard relay. Stuck Barrelcool in it under a shaded firing line and 20 minutes later, it was back to near ambient (only the 86 and 95 degree markers were lit up).

6. fastarget

fastarget Silver $$ Contributor

How often do you have to replace these ?

bsumoba likes this.
  7. bsumoba

You do not have to replace them once they are on, unless it is damaged.

fastarget likes this.
  8. Archis

Archis Silver $$ Contributor

I have one of these on every one of my barrels (AR's, F-Class, etc.) and they are great for keeping an eye on temps. During competitions (service rifle, F-Open) my barrels get up around 131deg after 22-25 rounds. Toss in a barrel cool and by the time I get back from my turn in the pits and it is ready for the next string.

During practice I try to keep my barrels from going over the 122deg line which usually equates to a sustained one shot every 1-2min.

9. milanuk

milanuk Team Savage Gold $$ Contributor

Anybody checked these out with an IR temp gun, just to see how accurate they are?

10. bsumoba

Bringing this back to the top. For any of those interested in BarrelCool or barrel temperature strips, we have them here! We sell them individually or in packs of 10

1 each for $1.99 each plus postage.
    10 for $15.99 plus postage.

11. RRongero

RRongero Silver $$ Contributor

Please check your PM.

Robert M. Rongero

12. sundance

sundance Silver $$ Contributor

I started using these strips many years ago.Before that I was told if I couldn't keep my hand on the barrel for 5 seconds it was too hot to shoot. It was hard to stop when 50 prairie dogs were standing on their mounds barking at you. Burned my hand a few times in the process.

13. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

McMaster Carr also has various temp strips in 10 packs

14. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

Just picked up a 10 pack.......Happy Shooting

15. Alguapo

Alguapo

Use them out in the Pdog fields . They work well. Gets to the 122 mark and in the shade the rifle goes and out comes another. 2-3 gun rotation works well.