WANTED BAD NF COMP

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by Alex Wheeler, Jan 6, 2019.

Trader History (89)
  1. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Im looking for a NF comp scope thats not holding zero. Pm me. Thanks.

2. bpmoss1

bpmoss1 Silver $$ Contributor

You going to open it up and dissect the problem?

3. Mickey D

Mickey D Gold $$ Contributor

I had a problem with a nxs ( I screwed up the 0stop) called the factory got a # to use and was told 4 weeks or so. Got it back within two weeks. Problem fixed and scope checked out. No cost on a repair that was my fault.
    Good poeple.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019
    dragman and bpmoss1 like this.
  4. Alex Wheeler

I took no offense from anyone's post here no worries guys. To answer the question yes if I can find one cheap enough I would like to do some surgery

5. bpmoss1

I've often wandered if Cecil Tucker could do his conversion on one. It seems to have solidified a lot of Leupolds over the years. But don't think it works with variable power scopes, or at least I've never seen one.

6. Alex Wheeler

He had no intrest in doing it when I asked him.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

I think I can help out here

Send me one and I’ll break it for you :p

8. bpmoss1

[QUOTE="Alex Wheeler, post: 37396628, To answer the question yes if I can find one cheap enough I would like to do some surgery[/QUOTE]

Good luck acquiring one, but if you do I'll donate $100 to the cause. I've told you how much I miss mine. If you get the chance to check one out and are able to make some suggestions to Nightforce maybe you could talk them in to putting the windage turret on the left too. That would be awesome. The fixed scope in Brackney rings I've been shooting lately is set up that way and I REALLY like it. Our right hand should be for bolt and trigger only, would imagine same would be best for F-Class.

muleystalker likes this.
  9. WSMNUT

WSMNUT Silver $$ Contributor

Good luck on your search Alex. We have a lot of respect and a touch of jealousy for your work. Thanks for all of the videos and the great products that you put out.

Link likes this.
  10. BIG D

BIG D Gold $$ Contributor

I want to know and I have to ask. Alex, do you ever sleep? Busy busy busy figuring things out to make or sport and the products involved in it way more goods better. Thank you.

TZaun likes this.
  11. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Burris used to have a "Posi-Lock" system on their variable power scopes. I had a couple old Signature Series scopes with it many years ago.

Anyhow, with the old Posi-Lock system, you adjust the turrets then lock them in place with the Posi-Lock knob. Loosen it to adjust turrets and lock it back down when done. Although a little tedious, it actually worked quite well. It was effectively a "Tucker" style modification except it locked the turrets and reticle in place instead of just applying extra spring pressure to the erector like the Tucker does. Even mounted in the same position as the Tucker mod so it locked both the windage and elevation at the same time.

I bet some sort of modification along one of those lines would cure a 'Wandering Comp' scope right up ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  12. Alex Wheeler

I am thinking a coil spring housing, but the posi lock is not out of the question. A useless pile of parts and empty wallet are just as likely too.

13. Alex Wheeler

Up for the weekend, buying a Kahles Monday if no luck here. Thanks

14. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew

think tucker conversion. it'll work well

Alex Wheeler likes this.