ARIZONA BILL WOULD MAKE GOVT LIABLE FOR GUN FREE ZONE

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by ngb1787, Feb 16, 2020.

1. D-4297

D-4297 Silver $$ Contributor

Interesting that Texas10 would post regarding FoxNews and they're propaganda regarding the gun issue , so I checked for the veracity , and accuracy of FoxNews . FoxNews has a 92.8% rating of ALL programming when it comes to both categories , according to the "Fact-checkers" , who watch the media . Almost twice as high as any other News outlet , including CNN and MS-DNC ... But then ; following some of the other comments posted , that just absolutely reek of near anti-gun politi-speak , I think the source might be considered . Looking back at this thread , the initial "Insults" were "HURLED" toward anyone who watches , and or supports FoxNews . The number one rated news media , by all polls , in the Nation . Just the facts , Ma'am ! As Joe Friday said . And if you have to ask who Joe Friday is , you're under forty .

mikeinct likes this.
  2. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

Not all FOX programs are rated as new programs. Many are regarded as entertainment or political commentary. However those shows are just as important when talking about spreading lies and untruths, and they aren't rated like new programs. So while your 92.8% rating may indeed be accurate, it does not take into account those other programs which are much more effective at spreading disinformation such as the "hidden server in Ukraine" which Trump often quote as his source.

In retrospect, it is possible that the fake stories about Obama confiscating guns was in reality, Russian propaganda. We now know the extent to which they spread disinformation, fanned the flames of hatred and racial bias while trying to disrupt the Presidential election.

You may appreciate that I do listen to some FOX anchors, Chris Wallace and Shep Shepard both are solid reporters, and many of the reports they wrote where highly critical of many other personalities at FOX, especially when it came to fake news. Wallace is not afraid to take down ANYONE on air who lies or makes untrue statements, regardless of the source. I like that about him, and that makes him a rarity among television journalists. His dad, Mike was legendary in accurate reporting of news.

Shep left FOX, but Wallace is still there killing the fake news coming from without and within. Trump hates him, and he should. Wallace doesn't let lies lay and he has a green lite at FOX to confront anyone.

Just because someone doesn't fully agree with you, doesn't make them stupid, or liberal, or a snowflake. It just means they don't agree with you.

So if you felt insulted because I characterized FOX news as fake, I'm sorry, but that's my opinion. Hit the back button, or put me on ignore if you wish.

3. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

I have been watching Fox News since it's inception. The original "we report / you decide" has basically gone by the way side with Chris Wallace. He is a registered Democrat as was Shepherd Smith. Both have become emboldened to project their liberal philosophy because somewhere along the line Fox News has left their "mission statement" so to speak, of "we report / you decide". Since you name these twin libs as your "model of what reporters should be", would only lead someone to characterize you as a liberal>>>what other inference could be made? You are NOT an "independent thinker" as you claim. You are a "liberal thinking" democrat by your own admission by whom you mentioned as "models" of reporting! So do not come in here as an independent, you are a liberal democrat by your own admission! NOTICE: There are NO insults in my reply>>>so you can not accuse me of "hurling insults" your way>>>I am just taking what you said at face value and made a judgement call>>>period..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Idaho-Lefty, Joe Salt, Jalen and 4 others like this.
  4. varmintshooter

varmintshooter

The way I see it, as shooters and gun owners, you are with us or against us. Together we stand divided we fall. How about it Tex are you with us.

5. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Texas10 if all your Democratic buds were all right about there accusations, pence would be our President right now. Pay attention to what is right under your nose. Don Jr. and Eric Trump are big gun guys, do you think Dad is going to screw them over. You better start looking the other way my friend.

Joe Salt

6. D-4297

Play nice , Guys . We can have these types of discussions if we keep it civil , but "Dad" will cut them off if they get ugly or threatening . I have no problem listening to people who totally disagree with me on issues , until it comes to being biased or ignorant regarding the 2nd Amendment . I do draw the line there for many really good reasons . Someone is entitled to think that replacing a handgun with a taser would make us all safer . That's there opinion , no matter how absolutely ignorant it is . Tell the cop in Georgia that got shot twice after he used his taser on a "perp" how well that idea works . I think he might have a argument about it . I think I'll keep my Glock 40 cal. and others can carry tasers if they wish . The main reason for the Second ; was to allow the "People" to protect themselves against the over-reach , and subjugation of a tyrannical federal govt. , and it is becoming glaringly apparent after our previous administration , that our Founders knew exactly what they were talking about .
    Just look at history for confirmation . In every single totalitarian dictatorship the world has every witnessed , the very first move by those in power was to dis-arm the population . The great Japanese Naval tactician Yamamoto was asked by a Jr. Officer why they didn't attack the U.S. mainland , after Pearl Harbor . Yamamoto's answer was a simple one . "Because you will find a rifle behind every blade of grass".
    Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state , and we plan on keeping it that way . If you don't like Open & Concealled Carry ; don't move here , or move back to the Blue State shit hole you came from . And deal with the high crime , Gangsta shootings by the dozens , and strict , severe gun laws . Not here ! And not on my watch !

7. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

D-4297 The Taser Idea would be great LOL Know everyone can buy one! Bad guys would have a ball robing people, just walk up taser them and take what you have. Oh my god who comes up with these Ideas? I know we all aren't going to agree on everything but the least I knew the first Amendment is still there also. I'm just trying to get my point across like everyone else,

Joe Salt

mikeinct, D-4297 and ShootDots like this.
  8. SPQR70AD

SPQR70AD

I say that quote by Yamamoto as a BS war story. How would the Japanese sail across the ocean for weeks to "invade" the US and not get bombed and torpedoed? how can a tiny island 1000's of miles away invade a giant country like the US? another BS war story I say was... we would all be speaking German if not for so and so. Germany did not have a navy above water barely. would they have swam to the US or use canoes?

9. D-4297

In response to your "Opinions" ; regarding the Yamamoto comment , and the other remarks you made , I would suggest you do some serious research and study of history , since you were apparently absent those days . The Japanese had one of the more prolific Naval forces pre-WWll of many of the nations in the world . And only the Japanese rivalled the U.S. in number of Carriers . Your comments regarding Germany are confusing , as Germany hasn't been mentioned . Till you brought them up . Ever heard of the Graf Spe , or the Bismark ? Germany had a reasonable Navy for a country of it's size , but Germany's Naval strength lie in it's Submarine fleet , along with it's Heavy Cruisers , most of which were lost in major battles with the combined forces of the British and American navies .
    For the record ; The Germans beat us to the jet fighter , ballistic missiles , and the best machine gun ever created . The MG-42 , of which our current M-60 and other American guns have been copied off of . If you're gonna tell the story , at least try to be accurate .

mikeinct likes this.