Are there any actions with Rem700 spacing

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by rminut, Oct 6, 2017.

1. rminut

rminut

Can anybody tell me if the 10x, 10x 3lug, Hall or Turbo actions have the same bolt spacing as a Rem700. The spacing is not listed anywhere that I can find. It seems these actions have similar outside diameters to the 700 but spacing is never listed. I am hoping to use one in a Master Class stock that has a RPA Quadlite action. Swapping out from rimfire to centerfire in the same stock would be really nice.
    Thanks for any help.

2. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

40x....

Boyd L. likes this.
  3. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

You're right. I've been sharing stocks for years between my three 40-x .22 LR rifles and my short action 700s.
    Google "receiver dimensions of (insert custom receiver name here)". You should get plenty of hits that should answer your question regarding them.

4. rminut

rminut

well I wish it was that easy. Only the Stiller shows it is the same as R700. I'm trying to find the 10x or Turbo since they come in left handed models.

5. SDWhirlwind

SDWhirlwind

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    300_whisper likes this.
  6. geraldgee

geraldgee Silver $$ Contributor

I have a Stiller, Kelbly Atlas,and a Defiance that are Remington clones. The bolt handle on the atlas requires some attn but otherwise no problems. If the are listed as clones, they should drop in. A quick call to the manufacturer will confirm it.

7. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

That’s an awesome design / concept, but $2200 for a .22LR? What are you getting for that price?

8. loneranger04

loneranger04

The Vudoo allows for a full sized magazine approximately the same size as a AI mag. Makes mag changes much easier than using a normal small mag. The actions fit a 700 footprint stock and use the same bottom metal that centerfire rifles use for AI mags. The weight of the rifle is similar to centerfire rifles used in PRS style matches which allows for a trainer close to size and weight of your competition rifle. Plus matches are springing up everywhere that follow PRS style matches and can use ranges with much less space than is necessary for centerfire matches and are very challenging.

300_whisper likes this.
  9. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

Loneranger04, thank you for the explanation.

10. mudduck

mudduck

the stiller lonestar has the same spacing. turbo,halls, and 10x all have a square tang