Are the Area 419 accessories for the FX120i & AutoTrickler/Throw needed?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by 22DASHER, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Rick300

Rick300 Silver $$ Contributor

I don't believe Adam sells the scale? At least I didn't see it on his web site.

2. charlieyankeesierra

charlieyankeesierra Silver $$ Contributor

Correct. So you can't get the complete package from him, which may be what you are after. I purchased everything as separate components. Brownells still has the scales in stock.

3. digrazir

digrazir

98030AE3-F12A-4187-83A6-84BEAF5E140B.jpeg I have had my FXi 120 & Auto Triickler / Auto Throw for about a year now. When I first received it I was kind of disappointed with all the 3D plastic..The bending of the straw, the cheap cup, having to put spacers under the trickler, the flimsy top on the scale, the small capacity of the powder hopper just kind of bothered me. I managed to get everything working half way decent, but I would still get some powder grains on the scale. With the all the 419 assecories installed it virtually eliminated any powder spillage, plus I didn’t have to worry about centering the powder cup. Being right handed I have mine set up to load from the right side which is easier for me. It also allowed me to keep the plastic wind screens on three sides which really adds to the stability of the scale. I am not going to lie I do like the “bling”. I definitely think the 419 assecories are worth it. Ray

Nellej12, R.Morehouse and boltfluter like this.
  4. Ccrider

Ccrider Silver $$ Contributor

So, what am I missing. I have the scale and trickler. I throw with a Harrell’s. Everything seems to be working fine.

What upgrades will actually make the setup better?

5. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

That’s what this entire thread is about. Read away. Determine for yourself if the upgrades are worth it.

6. Nellej12

Nellej12 Silver $$ Contributor

The trickler base and cup are well worth it. I have the pan and auto throw housing on the way now. I started small and kept buying when I had the funds.

7. good2go4it

good2go4it Silver $$ Contributor

I have the powder cup and the base that centers the cup on the scale. To me these 2 items were a must. No powder spillage at all. No worries if cup is centered under the straw. Other than that I am stock and it works great.

8. micmac

micmac

I have rather invested in Sartorius 64 scale instead as FX and shiny dodads as Fx120 is barely good enough for the job.