Are the Area 419 accessories for the FX120i & AutoTrickler/Throw needed?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by 22DASHER, Feb 10, 2019.

1. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

Other than for the bling factor are the Area 419 accessories necessary for the FX 120i scale and auto trickler/throw pkg?? This setup is already expensive enough and I didn’t know if they would actually help with anything.... any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. Pav67

Pav67

The machine works well without any of the 419 accessories.It works much better with.They are all well made and serve a purpose other than looks.Try it without any and if your satisfied good enough.My bet is you end up with most ,if not all the 419 kit after figuring out the shortcomings they fix.Either way you’ll love it.

3. Sniper338

Sniper338

No, it aint. The fx 120 and the auto trickler are plenty fine. Its slower, but still got a charge ready if you seat bullets and all while its running.

I wouldnt mind having it if I had money sitting, but necessary, no, not at all..

rardoin likes this.
  4. powderbrake

powderbrake Gold $$ Contributor

I just use the standard parts as they come from Adam, and my Fx120I & Autotrickler & Autothrower will finish a load in 10 to 12 seconds.

5. 22DASHER

Specifically, what works much better? Faster, more accurate, consistency, stability, etc??

6. mikeeg02

mikeeg02 Michael Glantz Gold $$ Contributor

I set a regular pan on the fx120 and while its finding zero, use a Lee powder spoon and an rcbs powder throw set about a grain or so low and allow it to trickle to where it's supposed to be. I guess you could pay for bling, but I'd rather spend the money on another jug or two of powder. Or another 1,000 bullets myself.

If you have the auto throw as well, the only thing I could see it maybe needing was a baffle to slow the throw from bouncing off the pan. But I havent used one.

mtnman31 likes this.
  7. Pav67

Pav67

The base for the trickler is a must .It allows you to adjust the angle for specific powders.If your loading a number of rounds each time the glass powder measure makes it faster and easier than refilling.Some of the other parts help by making the whole setup more ridged.Most of the add ons that are for convince have a work around .And some are dependent on your setup location.I used a piece of self adhesive felt for centering the pan before purchasing the centering planten.And my location makes the lexan top a great addition by allowing me visibility.Try it without any upgrades and see if you want/need any.Plenty of homemade tricks available and also nice to know 419 has well made/thought out upgrades.

DBLNUT and vahena like this.
  8. CE Products

CE Products Gold $$ Contributor

Hello Everyone
    We are running a special $50.00 off of Trickler packages (we Tried to get last years rebate again, but that will never happen again) , Autotrickler / Autothrower Packages and Autotrickler and Autothrower with Area 419 Packages
    and for just the FX-120i scales if you use Discount code Cambridge at check out you will receive $295.50 off. Please let your friends know!!

https://ce-products.myshopify.com/

If you are located in California
    Please see
    https://www.area419.com/product/auto-trickler-complete-powder-dispensing-unit-w-ad-fx120i-scale/

22DASHER likes this.
  9. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

If you have a few extra bucks and decide to get the 419 products you won't regret it. They are really well thought out.....For instance, their powder cup is weighted and ergonomic. I could go into how I have come to appreciate each " upgrade" and how they work with each other making my powder weighing experience more enjoyable but you can look at the products and decide for yourself. I think you can get along just fine without them but I personally enjoy the quality of the products .........Made In The USA by a small business......That also speaks to me.........:cool:

Regards
    Rick

DBLNUT likes this.
  10. Rick300

Rick300 Silver $$ Contributor

To CE Products:
    I don't get it? I (unfortunately) live in California and want to buy the Auto Trickler/Auto thrower package and your website says no shipping to California? What's up with that? I know of others who have purchased from you. If I go to the Area419 site i don't see the combo without their accessory package.

11. 22DASHER

CE provided the 419 link in their post above. Takes you directly to the scale w/ all accessories.

12. Rick300

Yes they did - I don't want the accessories

13. vahena

vahena Bob Schultz Gold $$ Contributor

I think it depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.
    Rob

14. quest450

quest450 Gold $$ Contributor

if you don't want to get the whole shabang I'd suggest the powder cup and the replacement tray for consistency and speed

15. mac37

mac37 Silver $$ Contributor

Powder cup (no tray) and Trickler base... definite improvement.

LRPV likes this.
  16. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Call CE directly, see what they have to say.

17. Rick300

I did, they will try and get Area419 to ship me one. I haven't heard back whether they will or not.

18. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

I have little patience when someone says they will "try", especially when I am trying to buy something from them. I'd ask for somebody a little further up the chain of command and ask again using words to the effect "why am I having to beg to spend my money with you?"

19. Rick300

Trevor was very nice on the phone - they just aren't set up for California's STUPID laws. It's up to Area419 now or I have to ship it to someone else out of state and they ship it to me. That might get pricey though.

20. charlieyankeesierra

charlieyankeesierra Silver $$ Contributor

I live in California and purchased an autotrickler/autothrow/FX-120i from Brownells. Brownells has some of these items out of stock currently. It should also be possible for people in California to buy from Adam direct at https://www.autotrickler.com/auto-trickler.html . I know I nearly did, and he never told me he doesn't ship to California...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019