Are Christensen Arms actions any good?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Jason_A, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:28 PM.

1. Jason_A

Jason_A

Hi, all. I have been looking at the lesser expensive Christensen Arms rifles because if the actions are decent quality I feel that the rifles are a good deal. I have heard varying opinions about the barrels both steel and carbon, but if the receivers are decent I don't care because I will just shoot the barrel out eventually and have a new one put on.

So anyone know if the CA actions are half way decent?

The MSRP on the new Mesa rifles is $1,295.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Banger357

Banger357

I'd been told at one point that they're a Remington 700 action... try as I might though, I can't remember who told me so I am not sure whether it came from a reliable source or not.

Jason_A likes this.
  3. Jason_A

Jason_A

From the one thread I found on this website it was said they used to be but now they are Pierce out of UT, whoever that is.

4. stacy

stacy 2 TIMOTHY 2 VERUS 15 Silver $$ Contributor

YEA THEY USE TO REMINGTON ACTION AND THEY MACHINED THERE LOGO ON THEM AND I THINK THE ATF DIDN'T LIKE THAT SO THEY CHANGED IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY AND THEY MAY HAVE TRIED TO MAKE SOME THEMSELFS I KNOW THEY WENT SOUTH ON QUALITY FOR A MINUTE

5. xswanted

xswanted

They make their own actions these days.

They are a 700 based action but it's their own design.

Smooth, tight and feel very nice. I think the Mesa is a great deal for what you are getting.