AR platform 22 Nosler

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by Greg Taylor, Sep 4, 2017.

1. people

people

It is pointing to being over gassed. The chamber could be too rough but not likely. You could try an adjustable gas block. I would try adding mass to the carrier or the bolt carrier. I bought one of those tubb carrier weights to fix a nonissue. I did put it in my ar10 and wow! It started shooting better so I added weight to the buffer. The extra weight slowed everything down so much it is pure joy to shoot.

off target likes this.
  2. waterfwlr

waterfwlr

No, it has a adjustable gas block. Turned it down then it wouldn't eject. Turned it up to where it would eject and would start ripping rims again. I would say that by looking at fired brass, there were lines in it that indicated a rough chamber. I suggested to the old man to gunsmith who chambered it recently to polish chamber. Thanks for tip about adding weight to bolt carrier, didn't think of that.

3. BforByron

BforByron

4. BforByron

BforByron

Let us know how it turns out. I've been thinking about a 22 grendel/ar too but haven't really seen any info about it other than from 6mmar

5. ebb

ebb

Is it trying to extract while it still has pressure in the barrel. I am not sure I said that right. But don't know how to say it right. Is it trying to extract before it is ready to? Timing?

6. Toddmack

Toddmack

7. Larryh128

Larryh128

8. rayjay

rayjay Silver $$ Contributor

I was thinking about rebated rims the other day and the problems with this cartridge. The cartridge designer designs the rim to be strong enough to extract the cartridge body. The 222 case family do fine with their rim but trying to use this rim on a much larger dia case just seems like a recipe for trouble. The larger dia case will take more pressure on the rim to break it loose from the chamber.

9. Tommie

Tommie Silver $$ Contributor

I'm in the minority here. I suspect the problem isn't the rebated rim design. Ever see a .458 SOCOM?