AR 15 trigger

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by nmkid, Oct 11, 2018.

1. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Have to get a new trigger for my DPMS AR 15. Wondering, what is the lightest pull trigger for an AR available?

2. Keith Kilby

Keith Kilby

new Timney Calvin Elite for AR claims 1.5lbs

JCUtah likes this.
  3. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

My favorite is the Geissele SSA-E, It is a 2 stage......The 1st is 2.3 & the 2nd is 1.2lbs. Fantastic AR trigger......;)

Regards
    Rick

4. hillbill

hillbill Silver $$ Contributor

There are lots of great AR triggers these days unlike just a few years ago.
    I too love my Geissele triggers, I have one SSA-E and 3 NM triggers, all are superb and should last forever no matter how much one shoots, they are tool steel and thru hardened, not just surface hardened.

The Calvin is likely one of the lightest pull weights available although I have not used one for the AR, I have one in a 700 and like it pretty well.

I would doubt any of the module style triggers like the Calvin and others would hold up for hard use? I have been wrong before?

5. 3Ackleys

3Ackleys Silver $$ Contributor

Geissele SSA-E by far my favorite

mikeinct likes this.
  6. Knotwild

Knotwild Silver $$ Contributor

I know it's not as low as the OP stated, but a Rock River Varmint 2 stage is great for a working gun, about 3.5 lbs. and can be bought for about $79.00. I also have an SSA-E and it's great. I have a rise, also around 3.5 lbs, which is a cassette type. I use the K&N no turn pins for it because that type trigger does not have spring pressure on it to hold the pins in.

7. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

I have HiperFire 24 3G's* on both of my Ar-10's. The 308 is currently at 3lbs. My 260 has just gotten the 2lb spring set installed. Very clean, crisp single stage.

* not sure just what the model # is. I'm too lazy to go out to the shop and look. I like them enough to have two more sets ordered for my Wife and I's AR-15's.

Drop Port likes this.
  8. Rustytigwire

Rustytigwire Gold $$ Contributor

9. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Well, as this rifle does not get used very often I didn't want to sink too much in a trigger for it. Based on a tip from a forum member and good reviews I decided to go with a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger.

10. WingsFan

WingsFan

I've got a couple LaRue MBTs and really like them. For the price you are getting alot of trigger for your dollar.